đź““ Journals Borders Seneca Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Yes, alcantara and red stitch. Never had a car with alcantara before but I really like it. Time will tell on durability, but if it is anything like the Evora it will be the side bolsters which show wear first, and of course they are leather.

View attachment 21953
Nice to see what my final interior choice would have looked like, thanks for sharing.

Looks great đź‘Ť Enjoy.

Reminds me when the Mk3 Focus RS came out a few years back - There were several cars delivered to customers with the suspension transportation blocks still in situ - Should have been removed during PDI, but several documented cases where they were left in (some didn't realise for several hundred miles!).
are you sure they were not the 'sports chassis'.......

A couple of gratuitous pics taken in the morning sun. Seneca is an amazing colour. It really pops in bright light and seems to change shade every time you look at it. It also has a depth to it in person which photos never seem to quite capture. For anyone waiting on a Seneca car, trust me, you will not be disappointed in your choice :)

20230205_130846[1].jpg

20230205_130942[1].jpg

Car finally in for PPF and ceramic coating. Ronnie from Autobath Detailing is doing an incredibly thorough job, modifying the Xpel templates to wrap the edges wherever possible, removing the nose badge so there will be no visible cut-out (a black replacement badge will be going on), and has even scanned the door handles to add extra protection there. The latter is a great idea which I hadn't even thought of as the handles will be sure to pick up minor scratches over time.

20230307_101504.jpg

A couple of gratuitous pics taken in the morning sun. Seneca is an amazing colour. It really pops in bright light and seems to change shade every time you look at it. It also has a depth to it in person which photos never seem to quite capture. For anyone waiting on a Seneca car, trust me, you will not be disappointed in your choice :)

View attachment 22104
View attachment 22105
It's great to see how much the red calipers pop against the black wheels! This is my configuration too and I was beginning to worry, as some photos make them appear rather dull:

my-spec.jpg

Exactly! I always thought this was an urban legend among car forums, until I saw photo evidence on a few different VWs over the years. Sometimes the owners don't even notice until thousands of miles later! I'd rather have this caliper sock than shipping blocks left in.
This was a problem with the S2000 as well, I still have the spring spacers somewhere.

View attachment 22104
View attachment 22105

It's great to see how much the red calipers pop against the black wheels! This is my configuration too and I was beginning to worry, as some photos make them appear rather dull:

View attachment 23543
No need to worry, the red calipers are plenty bold enough against the black wheels. To my eyes they do clash a little with the yellow wheel caps though, which is why I'm swapping the caps for black ones along with the nose badge. I think the black badges will also tie in with the first edition badge and the steering wheel centre. I'll post some pics of the final look when I get it back from the detailer.

No need to worry, the red calipers are plenty bold enough against the black wheels. To my eyes they do clash a little with the yellow wheel caps though, which is why I'm swapping the caps for black ones along with the nose badge. I think the black badges will also tie in with the first edition badge and the steering wheel centre. I'll post some pics of the final look when I get it back from the detailer.
Yep, I have basically the same plan! Although I didn't even think about the black badges matching the steering wheel, great catch. :)

Picked up the car today with PPF and ceramic coating completed along with the black badges. Ronnie at Autobath Detailing in Wallyford near Edinburgh has done a superb job - highly recommended!

IMG-20230309-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20230309-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20230309-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230309-WA0007.jpg

Can I ask what they charged for the ppf and Ceramic?
presumably the ceramic was only used on areas with no ppf?

Can I ask what they charged for the ppf and Ceramic?
presumably the ceramic was only used on areas with no ppf?
Ceramic on the non PPF areas, a PPF specific coating on PPF bits, and a high temperature ceramic on the wheels, hub and calipers. You'd be best to contact Autobath directly on price as it will vary quite a bit depending on coverage and coatings, but considering the great attention to detail on the PPF install and the quality of the finish I think it was well worth it.

Yep, I have basically the same plan! Although I didn't even think about the black badges matching the steering wheel, great catch. :)
I want to go the other way around, and switch the steering wheel to yellow.

Running in trip to the coast this morning. The car is bloody fantastic :D On the sports suspension the steering and handling genuinely feels like a bigger Exige but with loads more comfort and refinement.

20230317_122637[1].jpg

Strange bit of trivia to go with this photo: the uninhabited island in the background is called The Lamb and bizarrely is owned by Uri Gellar, he of spoon bending fame.

For @KMC068_510, a couple of pics of the black badges
20230317_122725[1].jpg

20230317_122739[1].jpg

Think I need to get a smaller (but still legal) front plate :unsure:

Wow that looks amazing! Very nice. I do agree that front plate is like a snow plow. Besides that beautiful car.

Wow. Catching up on threads and this one stopped me in my tracks. This is the Superman Spec! Those black badges and the tip on the door handles! Money.

Did you have the badges made or how did that work? Really sexy Spec! :)

Did you have the badges made or how did that work? Really sexy Spec! :)
The badges are Lotus parts which you can order through your dealer. It was reported recently from the evening event with Gavan Kershaw and Russell Carr that Lotus will be moving to black badges for all cars in future. I was quite surprised at this given their current branding is so heavily based around the yellow badge, but it might explain why the parts are already available for the Emira.