• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Breaking News about CN For i4 Drivers

I always consider any technical spec in China to end in "ish". As in 400-ish HP.

Years ago was part of a group investigating why aluminum vanes in a certain model wind turbine were failing at a miserable rate. Turns out the aluminum parts sourced from China did not meet the required engineering specs - and not even close. However, they did provide "certified" tests that showed their aluminum met the required strength. Clearly accuracy in that country can be within an order of magnitude. If I was a betting man, I would say dyno results are closer to 360-hp.
These engines are from Mercedes. I would be really really really really surprised if the 400HP M139s didn't actually deliver 400HP.

These engines are from Mercedes. I would be really really really really surprised if the 400HP M139s didn't actually deliver 400HP.
The ECU's are programmed by Lotus so I would imagine that they can set them up as they choose.....

The ECU's are programmed by Lotus so I would imagine that they can set them up as they choose.....
Sure, but this wouldn't be a case where the parts were not up to spec. I also don't think Lotus would overrate their engine output by 40HP. China manufacturers do have a habit of overstating their quality performance, but the engine in question is not from a Chinese factory.

Show me any feature on which Lotus has overdelivered with this car…
Hydraulic steering - unseen nowadays
The proven Alu bonded chassis - one of the best in the business
Double Wishbone suspension
Design/looks
Delays….

If you think about it, it’s one of the most attractive products in the automotive landscape. I loved my Exige V6…but Emira in its current modified form I rate as phenomenal. Today agreed with a dealer to put my 991.2 Manual GT3 up for sale, as no need for it anymore, no desire to drive it.

With Emira and Donkervoort GTO…what else do you need?

Looks, chassis, steering all came in as promised. That’s delivery, not overdelivery. I meant all the remainjng specs promised at launch:

416hp
available Spring 2022
60k GBP
the best QC ever