• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

British GT

NoelT

Reaction score
My son and I (alongside a number of other lotus drivers) were lucky enough to attend the British GT Championship at Donington Park in the UK today, courtesy of Lotus UK. There were two Emiras racing in the GT4 class for Mahiki Racing, including one being raced by my friend Ian Duggan alongside Gordie Mutch. Unfortunately their car went out early in the race after a coming together with an Aston Martin. I’ve attached some photos of the event, the grid walk beforehand and some of the many Emiras in attendance!
IMG_2592.jpeg
IMG_2597.jpeg
IMG_2583.jpeg
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2570.jpeg
IMG_2902.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 38
Good to meet you both at Donington today Noel, and to see you on the A14 on the way there!

It was such a shame Ian and Gordie were unable to finish the race, I hope they have better luck at Brands Hatch in 3 weeks’ time for the final round of the season.

We thought it was a really great day out though, so thank you to Lotus for inviting us all.

I took a very similar picture to yours in the car park, I reckon there were well over 50 Emiras there today, a great turn out.

Shaun

IMG_6682.jpeg

My son and I (alongside a number of other lotus drivers) were lucky enough to attend the British GT Championship at Donington Park in the UK today, courtesy of Lotus UK. There were two Emiras racing in the GT4 class for Mahiki Racing, including one being raced by my friend Ian Duggan alongside Gordie Mutch. Unfortunately their car went out early in the race after a coming together with an Aston Martin. I’ve attached some photos of the event, the grid walk beforehand and some of the many Emiras in attendance!View attachment 51252View attachment 51253View attachment 51254View attachment 51251View attachment 51255View attachment 51257
Great pictures and a great day. I think it was your son who rescued my phone for me. If it was, again a huge thank you once again. Cheers !

Good to meet you both at Donington today Noel, and to see you on the A14 on the way there!

It was such a shame Ian and Gordie were unable to finish the race, I hope they have better luck at Brands Hatch in 3 weeks’ time for the final round of the season.

We thought it was a really great day out though, so thank you to Lotus for inviting us all.

I took a very similar picture to yours in the car park, I reckon there were well over 50 Emiras there today, a great turn out.

Shaun

View attachment 51267
Great to meet you Shaun - yes it was a superb day! I think they had pretty much every possible combination of original First Edition Emiras somewhere in that car park! I hope your journey home was better than ours!

We were at the hairpin and watched this Ginetta with brake failure run straight on into the tyre barrier. It was actually quite shocking in real life seeing it and the bits flying into the air as opposed to seeing something like this on TV.
The driver was ok and walked to the Ambulance for his check up.

IMG_20240908_143917.jpg

Great pictures and a great day. I think it was your son who rescued my phone for me. If it was, again a huge thank you once again. Cheers !
He said you are very welcome and he is glad you have your phone back!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back