• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Carbon Ceramic Brakes?

Andrew

Reaction score
Hi

Is there any hint that Carbon Ceramic Brakes will be available in the future as a factory-option for the EMIRA?
I was just curious.

Logically you would think CCB but running costs and heat up truly factor in. I personally know one of the main guys at Brembo US and a group of us were talking to him at the track (friend was getting a Z06 and wasn't sure about which setup to get), Mr Brembo said unless you are super rich and don't care then recommendation is to use steel for track and CCB for street (should last life of car unless something freak and lack of brake dust).

I have CCB's on my 911 and love them because they don't dust. I do not track the car. For street use they work great and will likely never need to be replaced. I would love to have CCB's on the Emira simply for no dust.
I agree brake dust elimination would be great. The main thing for me other than dust is the weight reduction.
My quest for ccb is on hold currently until my paint issue is sorted just because I don’t want any issues with warranties even though not related. Once it’s sorted I’m going to either get Brembo to supply a couple of discs to my ccb disc manufacturers or if they are not interested I’ll come to a deal with the manufacturer to make bespoke sets and will sell them myself. I’ve done this before and sold 200 bespoke front disc brake conversion kits for ex military Land Rovers.
I’m currently putting together a bearing kit for gearbox rebuilds using top quality units with bespoke ball bearings due to lack of quality on any available kits.