• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

close the mirrors electrically

andreino14

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
C'è un modo per chiudere elettricamente gli specchietti retrovisori? Ho chiesto al concessionario ma mi dice che vanno chiuse manualmente (se sei dentro l'auto)

Is there a way to power fold the wing mirrors? I asked the dealer but he tells me that they must be closed manually (if you are inside the car)

Page 127 of the Owner's Handbook:

Screenshot_20230206-030020.png

Ripiegare gli specchietti retrovisori
– Impostare la modalità di accensione su I o superiore.
– Premere contemporaneamente gli interruttori L e R.
– Rilasciarli dopo circa dopo 1 secondo ed entrambi gli specchietti retrovisori esterni si fermerà automaticamente nel pieno posizione ripiegata.

Aprire gli specchietti retrovisori
– Premere di nuovo contemporaneamente gli interruttori L e R.
– Gli specchietti si fermeranno automaticamente la posizione completamente distesa.

Piegatura automatica durante la chiusura
Gli specchietti retrovisori possono essere automaticamente chiuso/aperto quando il veicolo è bloccato/sbloccato utilizzando il telecomando tasti di controllo.

L'opzione preimpostata per questa funzione è impostata nel display centrale, vedere pagina 99 per maggiori informazioni.

NOTA: se gli specchietti sono stati piegato verso l'interno usando la L e la R pulsanti, devono essere ripiegati manualmente.

There is also a setting in the main vehicle menu to automatically open and close the mirrors with the door locks, on page 99 of the Owner Handbook.

Screenshot_20230206-030220.png

I think the multiple videos we've seen of cars automatically opening and closing the side mirrors are enough to overcome our gradually increasing skepticism. 🤣
.. The worrying thing is that I asked and they told me to close them by hand..

.. The worrying thing is that I asked and they told me to close them by hand..
The manual operation they are referring to is to initiate the electronic close "by hand" using the electronic mirror buttons on the door.

The manual is a little unclear in the "Note", but what I read it to mean is, if the car has closed the mirrors automatically it will automatically unfold them again on the next restart. If the mirrors have been "manually" operated (with the buttons) during the drive cycle, they will stay in manual operation mode until deliberately placed in auto again.

I don't think owner is ever meant to operate the mirrors physically by hand like a non-powered mirror. In fact if you do so, the manual specifies a method to reset their operation. It's listed on the right side of the first image I posted above.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back