• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Colour advice please!

I think it's kind of obvious here which Porsche in blue will get the most attention.
Screenshot_20220224-122641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220224-122431_Samsung Internet.jpg

What it boils down to gentleman is this.....you go with lighter, brighter vibrant colors like yellow, orange lime green etc if you are really hungry for attention. Look at me, I drive a Lotus.
On the other hand if you're not really interested in the attention but more the driving experience a Lotus sports car provides, you opt for a more subtle color choice like dark anything, black, white, silver and grey.
So you have to decide if you're an attention w**** or a distinguished gentleman.😜
After test driving the Ariel Atom I was blown away by its raw performance, so I bought one.
I never really liked all the huge attention it brought on a daily basis.
I guess I'm really not an attention w**** after all.😉
Love it!

✅attention w**** box for me thank you!

Although, I’m not sure which box needs ticking for the Harlequin VW Polo driver, but I might have found a solution for those of us who are still struggling to pick one of the six Emira FE colours?! 😳
EFB600C0-A1D9-41A8-A9F3-67D39E01ADD4.jpeg

Or you can get a yellow Emira because it’s a traditional Lotus colour and you really like it :)

It’ll probably get a lot of attention but my blue Evora and blue Exige do too - always positive reactions 👍

If you don’t want to be noticed then buy a gray Skoda, I say “the brighter the better”

Can someone comment who's seen the Seneca blue live in person let me know the shade of blue it is, because I've seen so many pictures of Seneca blue and sometimes it looks darker like a medium blue and other it looks light and very bright.
Here quite light.
Does it have a lot of metallic flake?
Screenshot_20220224-145334_YouTube.jpg

Can someone comment who's seen the Seneca blue live in person let me know the shade of blue it is, because I've seen so many pictures of Seneca blue and sometimes it looks darker like a medium blue and other it looks light and very bright.
Here quite light.
View attachment 3317
D75ADA86-4381-440F-9008-4823A1E4D827.jpeg

My wife & I went to see the Seneca blue car at the roadshow. Neither of us are usually keen on blue cars, but we both come away really liking Seneca. It’s got a nice metallic flake close up & it really does suit the car well. Overall, I’d say it’s on the light side but not as light as the Shark blue Porsche colour. Hope that helps

View attachment 3318
My wife & I went to see the Seneca blue car at the roadshow. Neither of us are usually keen on blue cars, but we both come away really liking Seneca. It’s got a nice metallic flake close up & it really does suit the car well. Overall, I’d say it’s on the light side but not as light as the Shark blue Porsche colour. Hope that helps
Thanks.

Here quite light.
View attachment 3317
The metallic flake is a very fine grained silver fleck. From 6-10 feet away you can’t see the flakes and it looks almost like a solid blue, but with a brightness to it. From less than 6 feet away you can see the flecks and from close up you can distinguish the flakes from the colour.

Looking at photos online, how the colour and flake is portrayed depends a lot on the original image resolution and the compression of the social media app you’re viewing it on.

In the originals of these pics I can see the fleck clearly in the first one, a bit in the second and not in the third.

21A06FF2-423B-4BAF-8228-CD2402C62277.jpeg

35B3E26E-E640-4EFB-9A58-F08FEF9D812C.jpeg

63C38035-308B-4449-8961-D5F5DC47E112.jpeg

The metallic flake is a very fine grained silver fleck. From 6-10 feet away you can’t see the flakes and it looks almost like a solid blue, but with a brightness to it. From less than 6 feet away you can see the flecks and from close up you can distinguish the flakes from the colour.

Looking at photos online, how the colour and flake is portrayed depends a lot on the original image resolution and the compression of the social media app you’re viewing it on.

In the originals of these pics I can see the fleck clearly in the first one, a bit in the second and not in the third.

View attachment 3325

View attachment 3326

View attachment 3327
I’ve yet to see it for real but have chosen seneca hoping it’s a darker shade like the third photo than the previous two.
If not then I’m eager to see magma photos.

Reactions: xen
I’ve yet to see it for real but have chosen seneca hoping it’s a darker shade like the third photo than the previous two.
If not then I’m eager to see magma photos.
It's very lighting-dependent. That third pic is indoors under artificial light. Here are some outdoor shots (2 pics from tigerdriver and I don't have a note of who took the third). You can see how much the colour changes from the well-lit to the shaded side of the same car on the same day a few minutes apart in the first two.

DSA10059 tigerdriver.jpg

DSA10113 tigerdriver.jpg

0E5529D9-71F9-4C4C-8023-5F8B2EFC3E44.jpeg

It's very lighting-dependent. That third pic is indoors under artificial light. Here are some outdoor shots (2 pics from tigerdriver and I don't have a note of who took the third). You can see how much the colour changes from the well-lit to the shaded side of the same car on the same day a few minutes apart in the first two.

View attachment 3350
View attachment 3351
View attachment 3349
Thanks. Yes, it varies significantly indeed.
I happen to prefer the U.K. outdoors lighting best, but sometimes artificial lighting puts me off completely.
Ironically the Mr JWW video is the lighting that sold the blue to me.

Hi all,

I’m a long time forum reader, first time writer. Firstly a huge thanks to everybody for all your posts, which have been massively helpful throughout. It goes without saying, but special mention to @TomE & @Eagle7 for feeding my Emira addiction with expert level support & beautiful renders!

I placed my first deposit on July 14th & I’m getting excited about my 3rd phone call hence my first post.

I live in Kent, England where we have a good mix of scenic coastal drives & twisty country lanes.

I’m currently driving a Porsche Cayman 718 T which is an absolute pleasure but, like so many of us on here, I fell head over heels for the Emira’s curves so will be parting company with the Cayman. I suppose in this regard I am Lotus’s target audience.

My initial order was…
  • Manual V6
  • Touring
  • Hethel yellow
  • Black alcantara yellow stitch
  • Full black pack
  • Black wheels
  • Red brakes
However, since the new & much improved configurator, I have since called Lotus (who were very helpful) & changed my order to…
  • Manual V6
  • Touring
  • Magma red
  • Tan leather
  • Lower black pack
  • Black wheels
  • Yellow brakes
The magma has certainly grown on me since the online configurator was updated, but I’m still a bit worried about changing to red after holding the magma paint sample in my hand during my roadshow visit to B&C. It seemed a bit too burgundy back then for my liking? Hopefully we’ll get to see actual photos/videos of all six paint colours soon! 🤞🏼

The more I’ve thought about the car (there has been a lot of thinking!!!) the more I’ve decided that the tan interior is the most important thing for me. So my question is, would the tan leather interior go with the Hethel yellow exterior with full black pack?

I keep coming back to this as my ideal configuration but it is, perhaps, a bit ‘out there 70s retro vibe’ so I might need to stick on some flares & play the Bee Gees loud through the KEF speakers (which have been made here in Kent)! 🕺🏼

I recently chatted with the helpful folks at B&C to ask their opinion. They said that the Hethel yellow, full black pack & tan interior is definitely something which has grown on them & they think it will work, but is obviously a personal choice.

I’ve been looking at photos online for reference & have found a very funky image of a yellow 70s Lamborghini Countach with a tan leather interior. It looks amazing, which has not helped with my indecision dilemma! 😬

I’ve tried to attach the photo of the yellow & tan Countach, but I’m afraid I’m a bit of a technophobe so haven’t been able to work out how to do it so any help would be much appreciated. 🙏

Thanks again to you all. Here’s to feeding our collective Emira addictions! 🥳
Update on my original post:

I spent some time today taking another look at the colour samples over at Lotus Kent. It was good to see the samples again as it’s helped me make my mind up ahead of my 3rd phone call.

I’m not sure if they’ve updated the tan leather sample since I first saw it during the roadshow, but it now seems to look a bit darker which helps contrast against the Hethel yellow…

1BC5DE23-335C-4930-B477-0F9C5BA647E7.jpeg

I also took the samples outside to see them next to a black wheel & yellow caliper on an Evora. I like the look of them all together & don’t mind them not quite being a perfect colour match…
50433664-0D3E-47BE-8EA7-281E4383410E.jpeg

I spent some time comparing the Magma red sample against the yellow with the tan leather. I really like the Magma, but it’s too dark for me so I’m going with the yellow…
9CFD9C43-4585-49F3-99FD-D824FD2FA5EA.jpeg

The very helpful chap at Lotus Kent said they have ordered 2 demos (both manual. 1 yellow, 1 red), which should be arriving in April/May so, it goes without saying that I am very much looking forward to taking an Emira for a spin this Spring! 😎

Finally, I also discovered that Lotus Kent have partnered with a ppf company & are offering a variety of packages upon arrival of your car. I’ve never done the ppf thing before, but will definitely be doing it for the Emira…
F4A8019F-34CA-4A61-B884-1C664C94C90E.jpeg

I spent some time today taking another look at the colour samples over at Lotus Kent. It was good to see the samples again as it’s helped me make my mind up ahead of my 3rd phone call.

I’m not sure if they’ve updated the tan leather sample since I first saw it during the roadshow, but it now seems to look a bit darker which helps contrast against the Hethel yellow…

View attachment 3357
I also took the samples outside to see them next to a black wheel & yellow caliper on an Evora. I like the look of them all together & don’t mind them not quite being a perfect colour match…
View attachment 3358
I spent some time comparing the Magma red sample against the yellow with the tan leather. I really like the Magma, but it’s too dark for me so I’m going with the yellow…
View attachment 3359
The very helpful chap at Lotus Kent said they have ordered 2 demos (both manual. 1 yellow, 1 red), which should be arriving in April/May so, it goes without saying that I am very much looking forward to taking an Emira for a spin this Spring! 😎

Finally, I also discovered that Lotus Kent have partnered with a ppf company & are offering a variety of packages upon arrival of your car. I’ve never done the ppf thing before, but will definitely be doing it for the Emira…
View attachment 3360
Thanks for the info on the PPF prices, seems about the average price, got a price for Mr JWW and the company he has paired up with NVN and they quoted £1800 for the ‘standard’ package

View attachment 3357
View attachment 3358
View attachment 3359

View attachment 3360
Typically I'd want basic and full sills if anything. That for 1k plus vat be good

Good to see dealers sorting out these options. I'm waiting to hear if Lotus are going ahead with offering a PPF At Factory option.

I think that Essentials Kit is going to be worth getting, based on my Evora experience on where the car picks up dirt and stone marks.

That is a really good price for ppf. Here it’s probably 8-10k USD for paint prep and full ppf

That is a really good price for ppf. Here it’s probably 8-10k USD for paint prep and full ppf
I've got an estimate from Park Place in Bellevue for full car for $4,995, which is about what that U.K. site is charging for their full kit. I'll probably get that, but at the very least I want what the U.K. advert shows as the Essential kit.

Back