Custom TPE & Carpet Floor Mats and Bootliner

Bancho

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope you are well!

I have been working on some bits for the Lotus Eletre and just thought I would see If they would be of interest to the Emira community.

I have got a TPE Vacuum formed bootliner. Also working on a TPE Floormat with detachable carpets.

See attached photos for reference of the Eletre versions.

These products would take significant investment as I have to get the car 3D Laser Scanned, pay for a sample mould and then the production mould. Would have to do this for LHD and RHD; LHD could be a pain to sort out!

If there is enough interest, target pricing would be:

TPE Bootliner - £99 ($127)
TPE Floormats with Carpet layer - £149 ($193)

If it does proceed would need to look at a shipping model as at the moment shipping to US looks like circa $50 due to size and weight per shipment.

If interested just comment what you would be interested in and if LHD or RHD (Assume most LHD on here!)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20240707_171423.jpg
    20240707_171423.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Photoroom-20240708_153322 (1).png
    Photoroom-20240708_153322 (1).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • Alibaba3ff74e3c69f4614ecae0e53b89c636b9_original.jpg
    Alibaba3ff74e3c69f4614ecae0e53b89c636b9_original.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 97
I'd be interested in the boot liner.

I'd do a LHD carpet set if you could match what Hide and Seam was trying to make.

Last edited:
Yea, I would go for the whole set of whatever you end up making. LHD.

Special feature request:
* The boot liner can have a couple of slit cut into them so that I can run two 1-inch wide Velcro straps to tie down the hazard triangle.
* A liner for the shelf behind the seats so I can put my greasy takeout there with no worries.
* Possibly liners for the carpeted areas of the door sill. Liner only, no carpet cover layer.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the boot liner.

I'd do a LHD carpet set if you could match what Hide and Seam was trying to make.
Thanks; Just did a search and found a couple of posts which i think you are referring to.

Those are carpet only; What in particular about them ones are you looking to replicate? I'm not looking to add the EMIRA logo though, as that could lead to all sorts of issues. Let me know if it was something else in particular you were referring to.

I saw you had a RHD set made, did they not do a LHD set in the end?

Thanks

Hi I'd be up for a full set RHD UK
Driver and Passenger Mats have a screw fixing rather than the pop fixing (in your photo)

Yea, I would go for the whole set of whatever you end up making. LHD.

Special feature request:
* The boot liner can have a couple of slit cut into them so that I can run two 1-inch wide Velcro straps to tie down the hazard triangle.
* A liner for the shelf behind the seats so I can put my greasy takeout there with no worries.
* Possibly liners for the carpeted areas of the door sill. Liner only, no carpet cover layer.
Thanks for the suggestions.
* The boot liner can have a couple of slit cut into them so that I can run two 1-inch wide Velcro straps to tie down the hazard triangle. - Cant see an issue with that, will look into this if we get enough interest for the bootliner in general.
* A liner for the shelf behind the seats so I can put my greasy takeout there with no worries. - Can't see an issue with this, was quite a thin space from what i remember, would just need to get it 3d scanned at the same time.
* Possibly liners for the carpeted areas of the door sill. Liner only, no carpet cover layer. - seen some of the faux leather mats which cover that area, not sure about that though as there are no fixing points in that area. Would need double sided tape or velcro, could become a bit of a trip hazard. I could look into it though

Hi I'd be up for a full set RHD UK
Driver and Passenger Mats have a screw fixing rather than the pop fixing (in your photo)
Thanks, one of the posts i saw on here showed a pop type fixing; maybe different for different markets!

Can you send some photos of the screw type fitting?

thanks thats useful.. as per the GRP link looks like the changed the mat fastening to pop at some point! Will look into this as may be a right pain to do the screw and pop ones.

Would it be possible to have a common design where the plastic pop button can be swapped out for a screw type plug?

Would it be possible to have a common design where the plastic pop button can be swapped out for a screw type plug?
That's the thought in my head.. Just need to work out how I physically do that 🤣

In case this will help you Bancho, attached are photos of the driver-side OEM mat that came with my 2024 (June delivery) FE V6 Emira, plus a close-up of the "peg" the mat attached to. Hopefully someone can provide you with a close-up of the connecting floor screw thread location, for that style.

I purchased the Witamats floor mats and they come up and over the door sill. It's a thicker leather and for the most part, it sits AOK on the sill but I did apply some double-sided tape in a couple places to keep the mat down over the sill. The edge of the mat is NOT a "trip hazard" so I wouldn't worry about that with your design, should you choose to go over the sill.

IMG_1221.jpg IMG_1223.jpg

In case this will help you Bancho, attached are photos of the driver-side OEM mat that came with my 2024 (June delivery) FE V6 Emira, plus a close-up of the "peg" the mat attached to. Hopefully someone can provide you with a close-up of the connecting floor screw thread location, for that style.

I purchased the Witamats floor mats and they come up and over the door sill. It's a thicker leather and for the most part, it sits AOK on the sill but I did apply some double-sided tape in a couple places to keep the mat down over the sill. The edge of the mat is NOT a "trip hazard" so I wouldn't worry about that with your design, should you choose to go over the sill.

View attachment 47557 View attachment 47558
Thanks that's useful, look the same as the ones on the Eletre I think.

@Bancho Hide and Seam isn't a licensed dealer with Lotus either. But yes, I'm looking to replicate that, logo included. I like the factory look with a little distinction in the thread, but also going up behind the pedals and up the passenger footwell.

All please note - Emira floor mats appear to have changed from screw fixing to pop fixing at some point in the production run to date - I don't know exactly when or for which markets, but I guess this would need to be an option/choice for any replacement mats......

If you get it made, I'd appreciate it if you can work with @GRP to distribute this in the US - it would save us on some shipping costs and headaches of dealing with international shipping, and Greg probably would get you a lot more exposure to the rest of the north America Emira owners population.