• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Different exhaust sound when idling in sport and track

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In the Shmee video, there is a definite deeper sound when he switch’s from sport to track, but I hear no changes

Is it more pronounced the more miles that you put on, or has something been done to the Auto to keep the revs down so we don’t get the change in idle sound

M100man

Reaction score
In the Shmee video, there is a definite deeper sound when he switch’s from sport to track, but I hear no changes

Is it more pronounced the more miles that you put on, or has something been done to the Auto to keep the revs down so we don’t get the change in idle sound
There’s definitely a deeper rumble in track mode

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

i don´t see any difference at idle between Sport and Track either, not in the Auto nor in the Manual

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

From my understanding sport to track should change the idle revs. Touring to sport will open the valves. Perhaps where you are has an emissions restriction?

OP
CDM1855

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From my understanding sport to track should change the idle revs. Touring to sport will open the valves. Perhaps where you are has an emissions restriction?
I’m in the UK, I can’t hear a difference between sport and track when idling

Track is noisier when you’re driving it because of the way hold it holds onto the gear a lot longer

OP
CDM1855

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As an update on this, I’ve just checked the owners manual and it mentions that there’s only an increase in the idling revs for the manual gearbox version. But when you’re driving it of course there is a very distinct difference in track mode in the Auto V6

I wonder why they haven’t increased the idle revs for the auto

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As an update on this, I’ve just checked the owners manual and it mentions that there’s only an increase in the idling revs for the manual gearbox version. But when you’re driving it of course there is a very distinct difference in track mode in the Auto V6

That is a good piece of information there

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Sounds like an emissions workaround. Do they have to hit certain levels at various RPMs?