• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Does anyone have GRPs Spacers?

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone have @GRP 10mm spacers?
Do you experience any vibration?
I'm concerned about them not having a lip.

@LuckysDad is that a crack on the rotor hat? or just dirt?

1721330603809.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm mid install of the 12mm spacers.
Just awaiting the arrival of titanium lug bolts today.View attachment 47794View attachment 47795
Very nice!

Which titanium lug bolts did you go with and in which shank length? I'm still on the fence about any titanium hardware personally as I've just heard too many galling stories. Any anecdotes to reassure me of their safety? :D

Very nice!

Which titanium lug bolts did you go with and in which shank length? I'm still on the fence about any titanium hardware personally as I've just heard too many galling stories. Any anecdotes to reassure me of their safety? :D
I went with Acer Racing 12x1.5x40
Torqued to 105nm (77.4 ft/lbs)
I'll re-check the torque after some driving this weekend.
The most important rules with titanium lugs are to torque them correctly DRY. No anti-seize, etc. and NEVER use an impact gun.

Last edited:
Are u happy with the nitrons?
Sorry guys I didn't see the post.

The only thing I am now deliberating on since reading all these post is whether to go flat spacers or concentric with the lip. Can anyone shed any light on differences, availability etc. I have had concentric ones on a previous project which worked well but only due to the fact there was nothing available for the car.

As @Porter mentioned with 10mm spacers you do lose the "spigot" for hanging the wheel on during install so some extra care has to be taken when tightening things up. With that said we have found that is not something a lot of guys have the patience for so we are going to start offering 12mm spacers which have the built in hub spigot for centering everything up and take any guess work out of it.
The other thing that could help with 10mm or any spacers that have no centering hub is using wheel studs instead of bolts, the studs will help center things up much easier but still use a gradual torque down method like Port mentioned.

The Komotec spacers mentioned above are 5mm spacers actually -- they call them 10mm because it adds an overall 10mm to the track width of the car, its a little confusing. Maybe common in Germany to call them by the overall width added instead of individual width added. Those will not/can not have the centered hub built in either, spacers need to be a minimum of 12mm to have that for these cars. So that picture they use is not of the actual product.

Is this the set you all bought?

This is what PCD replied which has me confused:

New message from: pcdparts (12,826YELLOW_SHOOTING_STAR Star)

I believe they will only fit the rear axle as the spec list shows the front axle has a larger diameter spigot

Guys, any advice would be appreciated as they should really have a data base to look these things up​

I believe they will only fit the rear axle as the spec list shows the front axle has a larger diameter spigot

Guys, any advice would be appreciated as they should really have a data base to look these things up​

Those will work fine for you and they ship from your country -- the confusion comes from google search initial result for "lotus emira center bore" resulting in this incorrect information:

1722289682437.png

PCD is probably seeing those results of a typo and saying they don't have any in stock.

Yes. Those are the same ones I used, front and rear.