• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Does the Emira look toy-like in person?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really hate to ask this.
As its a beautiful car. Probably the most beautiful car I've ever seen.
And we're all fans...

But..

Sometimes when I look at something like a Cayman, it looks kind of muted and toylike.
Like not a 100% serious sportscar.
(Yet I know its an awesome car)

But when you see an Emira in person, does it have the presence of a badass car?
Or does it seem kind of toy-like in ways?

I guess one thing is the rear end of it.. I just wish it had some extra stuff on it to increase the bad-assery.

Last edited:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Looks much more bad*** in person. Not toy like, just classy and discreet. The opposite of those corvettes with all those unnecessary angles, wings etc

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really hate to ask this.
As its a beautiful car. Probably the most beautiful car I've ever seen.
And we're all fans...

But..

Sometimes when I look at something like a Cayman, it looks kind of muted and toylike.
Like not a 100% serious sportscar.
(Yet I know its an awesome car)

But when you see an Emira, does it have the presence of a badass car?
Or does it seem kind of toylike in ways?

I guess one thing is the rear end of it.. I just wish it had some extra stuff on it to increase the bad-assery.

From the perspective of road presence it’s really quite wide for the overall size of the car. I completely understand what you mean with the Cayman. The rear end you complain about is actually what gives it the majority of its presence. The rear haunches give it a certain stance that’s uniquely supercar.

If you’re looking for something that has presence and is imposing, you’re better off served elsewhere I think. The feel of the Emira is approachable not aggressive and imposing but the reality is it’s still a small car with reasonably light weight comparable in size to say an r8.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those hips…

1692484131908.jpeg

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From the perspective of road presence it’s really quite wide for the overall size of the car. I completely understand what you mean with the Cayman. The rear end you complain about is actually what gives it the majority of its presence. The rear haunches give it a certain stance that’s uniquely supercar.

If you’re looking for something that has presence and is imposing, you’re better off served elsewhere I think. The feel of the Emira is approachable not aggressive and imposing but the reality is it’s still a small car with reasonably light weight comparable in size to say an r8.
No, I think its what I want. Small and beautiful and not a huge overwhelming thing that screams LOOK AT ME

EmirOfDenmark

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The rear end bad assery looks much better in person than in pics. I had same concerns until I saw it. What doesn’t come across in the pictures is how all the various elements and materials protrude from the back. It absolutely commands presence on the road. Parked or driven. You will get thumbs up from folks in Ferraris and Lambos.

Having said that, one the thing is inescapable: it is a car that is shorter than some of the bad ass icons. That is its magic, when it come to performance. But parked beside say, a McLaren, it will seem smaller from the side. That may lead you or others to think that it is thereby less than the bigger car. Personally, I love that is it smaller, I think the recent super cars are all getting bigger and more bloated. But, that is all about taste.

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The rear end bad assery looks much better in person than in pics. I had same concerns until I saw it. What doesn’t come across in the pictures is how all the various elements and materials protrude from the back. It absolutely commands presence on the road. Parked or driven. You will get thumbs up from folks in Ferraris and Lambos.

Having said that, one the thing is inescapable: it is a car that is shorter than some of the bad ass icons. That is its magic, when it come to performance. But parked beside say, a McLaren, it will seem smaller from the side. That may lead you or others to think that it is thereby less than the bigger car. Personally, I love that is it smaller, I think the recent super cars are all getting bigger and more bloated. But, that is all about taste.
IMG_6775aw.jpg

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Sounds awesome. I hate bloated cars. I like my cars small, light and tight.

Last edited:

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score

Yeah, the Emira has about the dimensions of a Lamborghini Gallardo or Ferrari 360. The Italian cars then grew a few inches in length with every generation since.