đź““ Journals Dragoon's Emira Build

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_1010.jpeg

2024 Lotus Emira First Edition in Dark Verdant with a 3.5L V6 engine and manual transmission.

Window Sticker
Screenshot 2024-08-30 at 12.04.24 PM.png

Modification List:
The total weight with a full gas tank and all the above modifications is 3,267 lbs.

IMG_1252.jpeg

More mods are coming soon, and then it will go back on the scales!

Last edited:
Yours and mine have the same factory build, so your stock weight of the car has to be the correct one then. I can't seem to find anyone near where I live that has an actual corner balancing weight scale system.

Yours and mine have the same factory build, so your stock weight of the car has to be the correct one then. I can't seem to find anyone near where I live that has an actual corner balancing weight scale system.
I just updated my first post with an image of my window sticker so you can see the exact build.

I just updated my first post with an image of my window sticker so you can see the exact build.
Ah you have the Sport suspension with the Cup2's. I have Touring with Goodyears. I wonder what the weight difference is between the two tires.

Just looked it up on Tirerack. The Cup 2 front is 24 lbs, the rear is 29 lbs. The Goodyear front is 24 lbs, the rear is 28 lbs.

Last edited:
In preparation for LOG43 and a track day at COTA, I added a ZL1 Addons Feather Lite tow hook from GRP.

Installed GRP's Short Throw Shifter Kit! Before the installation, I adjusted my short shifter bolt and moved it into the middle setting for about a 50% decrease in the throw (it comes set at about 45%). I'm VERY happy with the results! The shift throw reduction is substantial. It makes shifting into first and second gear much easier. There used to be a bit of a rubbery squish feeling when shifting down into first gear, which has now been eliminated. Sport shifting from first to second gear seems quicker and less notchy. Overall, shifting seems more mechanical and precise. đź‘Ś

Hi,

I bought the same version of ZL1 tow hook, I wanted to ask when you installed the ZL1 tow hook, when FULLY tighten, does the tow hook sit straight? Or did you have to loosen up to make it straight?

I just installed mine and it’s slight off and could potentially block the parking sensor… and when loosen it to make it straight and it became not sturdy enough.

Thanks for the feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_6048.jpeg
    IMG_6048.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6047.jpeg
    IMG_6047.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 9
What a beautiful car. Our cars are almost identical except mine is black Alcantara seat with yellow stitching.
My car sometimes has trouble shifting into reverse, does the shortshift kit change the smoothness of shifting?

Hi,

I bought the same version of ZL1 tow hook, I wanted to ask when you installed the ZL1 tow hook, when FULLY tighten, does the tow hook sit straight? Or did you have to loosen up to make it straight?

I just installed mine and it’s slight off and could potentially block the parking sensor… and when loosen it to make it straight and it became not sturdy enough.

Thanks for the feedback.
Did you tighten it by hand? It looks like you only need about a 1/4 of a turn to get it square. Maybe use a short wooden dowel to help you turn it enough to get it square if needed.

Did you tighten it by hand? It looks like you only need about a 1/4 of a turn to get it square. Maybe use a short wooden dowel to help you turn it enough to get it square if needed.
I tighten it as much as I could by hand and then I used a bar insert it into the hook to further tighten it, and its not going any further.

So I feel like the one I received it’s just now thread it properly from the manufacture so that’s why it’s crooked. I noticed other ZL1 products has an adjustable nut that would allow you to make it straight. Honestly I wish this one has that feature it would be so much easier…

I contacted Greg and I might get an exchange to a different type of tow hook.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back