• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Drive Modes explained and Lotus Dynamic Performance Management

Because everytime I turn to Track mode during idle, I can tell the volume increase.
Thats because of increased idle rpms not a different valve setting. Sport sounds the same if you match the rpms.

Thats because of increased idle rpms not a different valve setting. Sport sounds the same if you match the rpms.
Ooh yeah that could be why. I’ll pay closer attention next time to rpm, but I thought the raised rpm was at the top end, and not for idle. We’ll see.

I also just got a exhaust valve flap controller. Will be installing it soon.

Ooh yeah that could be why. I’ll pay closer attention next time to rpm, but I thought the raised rpm was at the top end, and not for idle. We’ll see.

I also just got an exhaust valve flap controller. Will be installing it soon.
If you get a valve controller, don’t use it in closed mode. That mode should never have been put in (as confirmed by Lotus).

If you get a valve controller, don’t use it in closed mode. That mode should never have been put in (as confirmed by Lotus).
Yup, I have heard it can be bad on motor due to excessive backpressure.
I haven’t installed my valve controller just yet. Will get to it soon.

I am currently driving a courtesy Emira while mine is having the new doors fitted and it is vastly different having it in Sport mode with the valves being fully open after 3000rpm and not all the time like on my Milltek valve controller. To be honest I forget the OEM system works that way and the previous posts on here reminded me of the fact. I still think the cat replacement pipe and controller are the best mods out there.

I am currently driving a courtesy Emira while mine is having the new doors fitted and it is vastly different having it in Sport mode with the valves being fully open after 3000rpm and not all the time like on my Milltek valve controller. To be honest I forget the OEM system works that way and the previous posts on here reminded me of the fact. I still think the cat replacement pipe and controller are the best mods out there.
What impact does cat delete have on emissions tests in EU?

As per the initial TomE post that starts this thread, I put my Emira into track mode, then pushed the mode selector switch towards me and held it there. The screen showing it had been in track mode disappeared while I was holding it, but there was no change to any gauges in front of me, so my dash didn’t lite up with additional warning lights. The dash still indicated ESC was partially off, so not completely off.

I have a 2024 Emira First Edition manual transmission without sport suspension and perhaps that explains why I don’t get a “fourth drive mode”? Or is this a “made for North America” set-up? Or maybe I’ve misunderstood TomE’s post?

That said, I watched the Lotus drive mode explanatory video in Lego Man’s post #21 on this thread. It uses a RH UK Emira and says to turn ESC completely off, you touch and hold the ESC on-screen button and can completely disengage ESC using that method, while in any drive mode. That worked for me.

As per the initial TomE post that starts this thread, I put my Emira into track mode, then pushed the mode selector switch towards me and held it there. The screen showing it had been in track mode disappeared while I was holding it, but there was no change to any gauges in front of me, so my dash didn’t lite up with additional warning lights. The dash still indicated ESC was partially off, so not completely off.

I have a 2024 Emira First Edition manual transmission without sport suspension and perhaps that explains why I don’t get a “fourth drive mode”? Or is this a “made for North America” set-up? Or maybe I’ve misunderstood TomE’s post?

That said, I watched the Lotus drive mode explanatory video in Lego Man’s post #21 on this thread. It uses a RH UK Emira and says to turn ESC completely off, you touch and hold the ESC on-screen button and can completely disengage ESC using that method, while in any drive mode. That worked for me.
In order to turn off stability control completely, you have to press and hold the ESC off button on the Track mode screen for 2 seconds. Then you won't see "Track ESC" yellow light on the dash.

In order to turn off stability control completely, you have to press and hold the ESC off button on the Track mode screen for 2 seconds. Then you won't see "Track ESC" yellow light on the dash.
I know; TY. The OP suggested some Emira may have a fourth drive mode if I read it correctly, whereas mine has three, plus the option of turning the stability control completely off, in all three driving modes. I wonder if some Emira are set-up differently.

I know; TY. The OP suggested some Emira may have a fourth drive mode if I read it correctly, whereas mine has three, plus the option of turning the stability control completely off, in all three driving modes. I wonder if some Emira are set-up differently.
I believe the 'fourth mode' was just referring to Track mode + turning off the ESC fully :p
Which technically isn't much of a separate 'mode' per se. Just that it is doable.