• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Front?

there is a lot of dead wasted space at the front , a vertical rad would have been better. the boxster manages with a big front storage area and no crash box , with a spare wheel

Last edited:
there is a lot of dead wasted space at the front , a vertical rad would have been better. the boxster manages with a big front storage area and no crash box , with a spare wheel
I imagine the lotus design team might have considered all those things… 🙄

I would love a front boot as well but I’m quite sure there is a good reason there isn’t one and I doubt any of our engineering expertise would figure out something that lotus missed

I imagine the lotus design team might have considered all those things… 🙄

I would love a front boot as well but I’m quite sure there is a good reason there isn’t one and I doubt any of our engineering expertise would figure out something that lotus missed

First obvious hurdle I see is how the hood opens... It's hinged at the front of the vehicle so one would have a long awkward reach over the front fenders and headlights in order to reach down into a front boot area.

Judging from the line art provided by the spec doc, even if lotus manages to do a front boot it will be very small and shallow. A slanted front with a tilt-mounted radiator just take too much space.
However I do think being able to pop open the front bonnet to take out even just a laptop is kind of cool and part of experience of owning a mid-engined sports car;)
Yes I am superficial like that.
Altough one thing you won't get in a cayman that would also be part of the mid-engine experience is seeing the engine through the backglass.

That I'm very excited about the Emira

Double A-arm suspension occupies a great deal of space when compared to strut components. Porsche's struts is a big advantage for packaging. Personally, I'd rather have the far superior A-arm suspension, especially up front.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Yes, and the superior dynamics of the horizontal radiator and airflow in and over the car.