• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira i4 FE price in China announcement

Screenshot_20211119-115450.jpg

Last edited:
I am hopefully that the I4 FE will be 400 everywhere. The base may still be 360. They need to get beyond the image that the I4 is a "lesser" engine.
Same here, would be super happy if it was 400, making the base 360 to hit the magic 60k makes alot more sense then seeing as the Lotus rep told me the i4FE was going to be almost the same price as the v6 FE, to me it needs to be comparable on power

I quit. For first edition at least. Bye guys and good luck.
View attachment 1408
If you like this kind of car in China, you don't have much of choice.At least you don't have to accpet mark-up of the dealers, which is quiet nomal in China. For example, if you want to buy a TOYOTA Alpha in China, you have to accept extra 100,000RMB from the dealers.

Same here, would be super happy if it was 400, making the base 360 to hit the magic 60k makes alot more sense then seeing as the Lotus rep told me the i4FE was going to be almost the same price as the v6 FE, to me it needs to be comparable on power
Personaly, I would be confused why LOTUS choose to have 2 totally different engines for Emira. It's rare for any manufacturer. I even can't find the 2nd car that has 2 different original engines. SORRY,I may ignorant about soprtscars!;)

Dumb as it sounds, Porsches have way more "prestige" factor in the Chinese market. People generally consider Lotus as a lower end brand compared to Porsche, so naturally expected price is to be lower that the 718S, let alone GTS. Personally I think they made a mistake launching the FE only, without any info about the non FE version.
Porsche sells 100,000 cars in China a year. Lotus sells what 300? If Lotus had wanted to sell even 10,000 Emiras they would have priced it 30% lower.

Porsche sells 100,000 cars in China a year. Lotus sells what 300? If Lotus had wanted to sell even 10,000 Emiras they would have priced it 30% lower.
True, but because they only CAN sell something like a 1.000 units due to limited production, the price might be quite ok.

Personally, I consider the price of FE is reasonable, because it is the TOP config with 400HP. The quality of this product is not worse than 718S.Why a lot of people compare the TOP config Emira with the base model 718?

That's too pricy to be honest, gonna wait for the non FE version, hope it will be about 700,000 RMB. Also, is it confirmed that the non FE version will be only 360 BHP and come with no LSD?
The FE of I4 has no LSD either.

Yea, the Chinese buyers always get the short end of the stick. But to be honest, I'm not sure what people in china were expecting in terms of price. If we go back to our standard comparison, the Porsche GTS is 875,000 CNY to start. The loaded Emira FE is less than that.
According to some of my friends, the ideal situation is that LOTUS release a base model with all the FE configs optional. So they can choose to have or not to have these gadgets (heating seats, LOTUS foot mat, storage net, etc.) . Learning the trick of "starting from XXX" from Porsche, if LOTUS starts from 700,000 RMB ($110,000), most customers will still choose some optional configs. Although the final price may still be $130,000+, the starting price seems lower and sounds friendly. :)