Emira V6 Rev Out

Tomwa

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Debated with where to put this as it could be in the V6 engine section, or even a bit of "Vs Competition" or "Problems" maybe less so.

I'm particularly interested in opinions of those who have driven somewhat extensively the Evora 400 / GT. Whether the additional rev range changes some of this nature.

Overall, I'm finding, particularly in low gears, multiple times now I've revved the car out and slammed into redline. I've driven my share of fast, sporty, fun cars. Whether V8's, Turbo cars, NA. This is the first supercharged, so it might be something that is fairly common based on power delivery.

Now, in the Emira the rev limit seems, maybe they are opening the bypass valve or cutting fuel or something, honestly feels like someone mashed on the brakes. Rather than a sort of 90's car bouncing off the rev-limit. (No burnouts at revlimit I suppose)

In spirited driving/on ramp sorts of rev-out, it seems like I have to overly be aware of, focused on watching the revs climb to avoid hitting the rev-limit. More so than really any other cars I've driven.

My thoughts are, the car seems to just start picking up steam north of 5k RPM and it wants to keep revving, it keeps picking up power, and for many other cars there's this sort of natural drop in apparent torque or HP that tells you to shift before the rev limit. Does not seem to be the case in the Emira. I don't fear any particular damage or anything, but I do think it will be a distraction while driving the car hard or on track. Maybe just more time in the car will get me better in sync with its natural rhythms, but curious about others' experiences.

Most will agree with you. however, do you have any air filter or 3rd cat delete mods? I found that those mods increase the sound and HP leading to a feeling of the power building earlier closer to 3k. this gives me enough revs to feel like I'm ready to shift to the next gear before 7k. higher rev limit would still be best, but I found this actually does help with this sensation of low rpm cutoff.

I owned a GT for about 2 years and it’s the same thing. Just as it’s getting exciting it’s cuts off abruptly. With time (and mods like the 3rd cat delete) you’ll learn to get better at shifting right before cutoff. Not to mention you can do so purely based off of the sound

Well.. Car is about to go down for sleeping through the winter, I haven't done my 1k mile break in yet, sounds like I should order the 3rd cat delete and some other stuff I want to do and see where it gets me.

Good to know though that even with some additional 500ish rpm of revs it doesn't taper. Just gotta get some new valve springs and go for that 8k Rev limit :geek:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back