Emiras advertised for sale on other sites

Wbac value held pretty firm at 76k after the first few cars sold in the last month dropped 7k I think they will drop more by the end of summer I'm sure lotus have a stock of cancelled orders too?

From what I'm seeing, when people canceled orders I think Lotus just built the car anyway, rather than moving people up the production list, and then dumped the cancelled car on dealers or contacts in the trade.

Might pay me to cancel my order and wait for it to appear at a dealer used 😂

Wbac value held pretty firm at 76k after the first few cars sold in the last month dropped 7k I think they will drop more by the end of summer I'm sure lotus have a stock of cancelled orders too?
I just did a quote to see what they're offering - now down to 67k for a 23 year with less than 500 miles 😒
With the UK economy going down the pan, there's going to be pain ahead.

Seeing cars start with a 7 makes me so glad I cancelled mine now and my prediction of into 70s by spring was right. When they drop into lows 70s high 60s used I’ll buy one and mod it to get the exhaust note and performance where it needs to be.

I expected that to be this coming winter and looks like will be in track.

Sadly they are producing too many and the network and cust services still poor so the price is only going one way.

I’d be fuming if I had waited that long and lost that much that quick. As last car I waited 18 months + for was a Porsche GT4 and I used for 18 months and sold for plus £20k

Heck the golf R we ordered at same as Emira time came in April and I used for a month and still made £7k.

Lotus epic fail again. So sad as a lotus fan and having owned exiges and evoras.

I know it’s not about making money but it shows how wrong lotus got the whole process.
Great to have such positivity in the forum, a confidence boost to all that have recently taken delivery and those about too! I have the car and it is amazing!

I'm not worried about it (unless the economy really hits the fan and in that case, I'll have bigger things to worry about).

My thinking is I'll either end up rejecting the car due to numerous faults and getting my money back, or I'll end up keeping it for a long time and the depreciation doesn't become a concern.

Things are back to mormall when you drive most run of the mill cars out of the showroom its worth 20% less, but lotus wasn't run of the mill evora made in small numbers, not so much in the emira so 20% is the new normally.
I would be a bit worried if I was paying the new price at 87k though!!!!!! Lots of exactly the same cars they can't sell at 80k!!!

If you pay 87k you don’t have one of the early cars with all the issues, these are most of the cars on autotrader.

I was lucky to scrape in price protected with a May production car that up until now hasn’t skipped a beat.

Honestly what a car.

Great to have such positivity in the forum, a confidence boost to all that have recently taken delivery and those about too! I have the car and it is amazing!
Just facts sadly see them starting with a £76 now.

Soon to be £73s imho and before we know it 6s.

Great for used buyers and 2nd hand market.

Really sad when Porsches can still command overs and last 2 used lotus I made money.

Rumours are rife in trade that it’s a bit of a dog electronics wise and a bit of a lemon and seems well founded, which is just a real shame 🥲

It was sort of a joke sorry, what I’m saying is I think these cars are improving as Lotus are learning so everyone in the queue have faith as the best Emiras are yet to come including the I4 😎

Don’t worry about the Emiras on Auto trader they are every flipper that ever flipped and his dog thinking they are smart making a few quid like a lot of us have on cars in these last few crazy years. Yes these cars flooding the market have scared all of us with new cars on our drives but I’m certain these cars won’t dip off a cliff a the future, I can tell you that because the crowd I had around my car in the supermarket car park today, straight up.

What about the cancelled orders they selling at lotus dealers I think there is at least 7 at jct600 if every dealer has 7 that's a lot of cars they can't sell at 80k?
I wouldn't be paying 87k for one now.
All get together and tell matt to honour his price promise of 80k you would all save 7k.
People power?

After 2 years people were always going to drop out god I know I nearly dropped out on a few occasions. Expect the car numbers on autotrader to level off soon enough then who knows what the market will do.

If I was looking for an Emira and done my homework online I wouldn’t touch most of those cars especially the 72plates and backwards.

Historical data suggest there is always a 20% drop out after most launches not all cars are for everyone.

Which is why I’m surprised we haven’t had more cancellations tbh. I keep hearing about cost of living crisis and rescission, yet in the real world I see no change in people’s purchasing. Houses, cars and watches are still being sold at a steady tick.
I think that for most Emira buyers (if they can afford to buy this car), they are not financially strapped. You need to be at a certain income (or wealth) level to consider a sports car that is not practical. The Emira, like all sports cars, is a “want”. Not a need (and I use this term very loosely, because a vehicle of any sort is not really a need).

UK V6 FE under £80k private sale and an interesting wrap:
Owner mustn’t of been able to decide between Sceneca n nimbus so thought he’d have both of them lol - that is a very marmite individual design. More are coming on now of 72 / 23 plates with 1-2k mileage.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back