Exhaust sound

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know of this car what it uses to have the rev limiter removed as seen in this video:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone know of this car what it uses to have the rev limiter removed as seen in this video:
The video is 2years old so, that exhaust is probably stock, recorded with good mic's indoors.

@ 11:41 matt watson goes around the rev limiter (idk if something's changed since)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Rev limiter? He's only hitting 5k or so. My car does that without a problem.

FYI - if you are free revving a car, ALWAYS push the clutch in. You don't want the input shaft of the gearbox spinning up that fast, it can cause cavitation and foaming in the gearbox oil, and can lead to bearing problems.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI - if you are free revving a car, ALWAYS push the clutch in. You don't want the input shaft of the gearbox spinning up that fast, it can cause cavitation and foaming in the gearbox oil, and can lead to bearing problems.
Makes absolute sense. At least on my car free-revving has a soft limit at some lower RPMs, unless you push the clutch in. I think it's mandatory on new cars in Germany. Not so sure if the clutch bypass is legal... :LOL:

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Rev limiter? He's only hitting 5k or so. My car does that without a problem.

Strangely I just watched a YouTube short video showing the owner holding the clutch down and going to about 6k.
Great to know about the input shaft.

Well it’s another good reason to have a manual. 😁

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Strangely I just watched a YouTube short video showing the owner holding the clutch down and going to about 6k.
Great to know about the input shaft.

Well it’s another good reason to have a manual. 😁
Why is that strange? Clutch in, it will rev to redline (6800) without a problem.