FE V6 Manual - will I regret if I wait?

adrianmcli

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm facing a bit of a pleasant dilemma and would love your insights. Lotus has offered me a spot for the Emira V6 Manual First Edition (FE), with delivery expected by mid-summer 2024.

Here's the catch: I'll be traveling extensively over the next two years, so I'm not in a rush for a new car. Plus, I'm already enjoying my 992 Carrera 4S so there is no rush. But the allure of the Emira, being Lotus's last gas-powered model, is strong.

I'm pondering whether to wait for the Base Edition (BE) for these potential benefits:

• Resolved early production issues
  • Wider color selection (I've decided on Hethel Yellow)
  • Enhanced traffic features (like blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, etc.)
  • Chance of more special editions or higher horsepower versions
The price for the FE is around $132k CAD. Is this a great deal, or could waiting make more sense?

What do you think – should I go for the FE now, or hold out for a possibly more refined BE or special edition later? Am I missing out on anything significant by waiting? I honestly do not mind waiting another two or three years (I'll still have my 992).

Appreciate your thoughts and experiences!

I would wait especially if you can increase your budget. Those who have another vehicle and a higher potential budget may be able to get a future variant of the Emira. If you don't get a variant you can get a BASE.

I would pass if you are not going to drive it much for the next couple of years.

My take being in Canada. The F/E V2 price is fairly attractive from an exchange rate perspective and that is not guaranteed to carry forward. Especially when clicking on options. These last V2 first editions will be the best built (2 years + into production already) without the added electrical gremlins of ADAS. I would venture to say they may be some of the best built Emira's due to getting the process right. The base edition will add more complexity to the build process and may improve in other areas as well. But it seems most area of Emira problems is down to electrical.

Take the F/E. I would and did.

Yes, but will the Emira GT/R be a V6 manual or a tuned up i4 DCT?

Looking at the max power output for the V6 and its gearbox I would expect a final edition to be up maybe 15 - 30 (max) BHP with the lighter carbon seats and some other carbon extras to reduce weight.... But at what extra cost? 10-20K+ more?

I think the very final Lotus ICE will be an i4 rated around 450 BHP with a DCT and weight savings. If they get it right it has the potential to be a track monster.

But if you want a manual V6 - the F/E I think will represent best value, if you want the options. Also one extra caveat, there is no guarantee that Hethel Yellow or any F/E original colours survive once the base car becomes announced. Perhaps they will keep something special about the First Edition cars.

Two points stood out for me fact you are travelling a lot over next 2 years and your enjoying your 992 - so I would wait. I usually get a car then almost planning my next as another shiny new toy comes out- but actually in hindsight I wish I had kept and enjoyed my awesome cars all for at least 3 years before moving on. It’s easy to get sucked in - but sometimes it best to just hang back till the dust settles
Plus if your away that long you’ll need at least 3 trickle charges to keep it on life support whilst your gone 🤣

There is no issue waiting....there will be plenty of near new Emira's on the market with nice spec in 2 years, so you will have 3 options:
- Find a 0 mile FE V6
- Order Base V6
- Get a near new used one, you will find the spec you want.

There are not to many risks with this car! I ordered one and got one of the first. Love it! Just the fact it sits in the garage and I have one, puts a smile on my face every day. It is such a beautiful car!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back