• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals Finally arrived after 12 Months!

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Ltth_63

Reaction score
Hi Guys, im not new to the Forum, although my brand new Emira is now!
I picked it up this Friday and already drove 600kms with it so far!
Been on the Klausenpass in Switzerland today, and wow, the car handles amazing even though i was only driving very moderately due to the break in period. Also made a friend who is on a roadtrip through Europe all the way from Ireland (see blue Porsche)
unfortunately there is one issue with the car so far. The A/C does not work, which is awful when you drive in sunny conditions and 25 degrees.
Will be in touch with my dealer tomorrow to sort the issue.
Also i found a loose connector under the drivers seat. Does anyone have an idea if this is normal?
Ill post a few Photos ive been able to shoot today! Also a pic of the loose connector. Maybe someone knows if this is an issue.

Best Regards from Switzerland
Louis

Attachments

• 73C4B921-CCC7-47BA-9780-A2C4CA289FEE.jpeg
    73C4B921-CCC7-47BA-9780-A2C4CA289FEE.jpeg
    491 KB · Views: 396
  • F75DAA48-A864-4965-8311-46CE96AE98A7.jpeg
    F75DAA48-A864-4965-8311-46CE96AE98A7.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 481A08DF-F768-4830-AC1B-C11BC1066098.jpeg
    481A08DF-F768-4830-AC1B-C11BC1066098.jpeg
    537.6 KB · Views: 221
  • E06A4D4F-8A45-46EB-B2A1-657EEF093D2E.jpeg
    E06A4D4F-8A45-46EB-B2A1-657EEF093D2E.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 231
  • BB1A78D9-A647-4C74-AE07-9DDFC1F8913C.jpeg
    BB1A78D9-A647-4C74-AE07-9DDFC1F8913C.jpeg
    453.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 924BFF30-AC38-488F-8AE0-5700EF798268.jpeg
    924BFF30-AC38-488F-8AE0-5700EF798268.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 226
  • B8C4D640-92A3-43EB-8E68-548CFA7B4F83.jpeg
    B8C4D640-92A3-43EB-8E68-548CFA7B4F83.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 243
  • 22E24DA3-78EF-44D2-9959-8F0B8B9E50F6.jpeg
    22E24DA3-78EF-44D2-9959-8F0B8B9E50F6.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 267
Been on the Klausenpass in Switzerland today, and wow, the car handles amazing even though i was only driving very moderately due to the break in period. Also made a friend who is on a roadtrip through Europe all the way from Ireland (see blue Porsche)
unfortunately there is one issue with the car so far. The A/C does not work, which is awful when you drive in sunny conditions and 25 degrees.
Also i found a loose connector under the drivers seat. Does anyone have an idea if this is normal?
Ill post a few Photos ive been able to shoot today! Also a pic of the loose connector. Maybe someone knows if this is an issue.

Louis
Is that same connector under both seats, and is the other one unconnected too?

Is that same connector under both seats, and is the other one unconnected too?
I didnt inspect the other seat thoroughly, but at first glance i was not able to find a loose connector under the other seat.
im confused because the drivers seat seems to work properly…

Congrats. Beautiful country for driving.

Only a 1 year wait too. We poor USA buyers are jealous of your short 12 month wait. The wait was actually 'soon' in Lotus speak.

Congrats. Beautiful country for driving.

Only a 1 year wait too. We poor USA buyers are jealous of your short 12 month wait. The wait was actually 'soon' in Lotus speak.
Thank you ! After experiencing the car i can say its well worth waiting for it.

I talked to my dealer about the delays, and he actually confirmed that almost all FE Swiss allocations arrived and will be delivered by the end of june.
I have to mention that swiss homologation isnt as strict as USA. Probably thats why we got the cars earlier.. but its just an assumption.

I didnt inspect the other seat thoroughly, but at first glance i was not able to find a loose connector under the other seat.
im confused because the drivers seat seems to work properly…
Plug it in and you'll get the 30hp extra that everyone is complaining about and will beat any Tesla from 0-60mph.

Congratulations on the arrival of your shiny new Emira! They really are a heap of fun!

When I get a free moment from work I'll take a look under my drivers seat and see if I also have the same loose connector.

Quick Update, there is no loose connector on the other seat.. i’ll bring it in to my dealer on Friday. We’ll see how it goes :)

Quick Update, there is no loose connector on the other seat.. i’ll bring it in to my dealer on Friday. We’ll see how it goes :)
Can you see if the same connector is under the other seat, and what it's connected to? Might give you a clue as to where the loose one goes.

I got the same under my seat, my seat works ok no issues but haven’t really looked to see if a connector has come loose. Because everything works I assumed it was spare for future upgrades maybe an ejector seat 🤪

Louis
Just missed you I drove the Klausenpass yesterday (Monday) fabulous road for the Emira!! Still quite a bit of snow up top!! 😀👍

Attachments

• 0F7F2FED-DBBB-40A3-81AB-D0C20F44E64C.jpeg
    0F7F2FED-DBBB-40A3-81AB-D0C20F44E64C.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 99
Just missed you I drove the Klausenpass yesterday (Monday) fabulous road for the Emira!! Still quite a bit of snow up top!! 😀👍
Hope you had lots of fun 😁
Which suspension did you choose on your emira?
for me it was quite a bumpy ride with the sports suspension 😵‍💫

Louis
Congrats a pretty nice config!

Only a year wait? That’s very quick

Hope you had lots of fun 😁
Which suspension did you choose on your emira?
for me it was quite a bumpy ride with the sports suspension 😵‍💫
I have touring and found it brilliant. I’m on the way home from a tour down to Italy and will have put 3500 miles on the clock when I get home. Will probably do a short post on my thoughts since picking the car up on 17th May. So far VERY positive!! 👍😀

Louis
There is a spare connector on both sides just in front of the seats. However, they should be tied up and not left hanging.

Mine was 1 days short of 2 years & 2 months from pre-reveal deposit.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back