• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Finance rate "under review"

That's where we ought to be if we were smart! I'm guilty too of using credit as a way to get stuff I would otherwise have to wait for! When my investments were making a better return than the interest I would pay on debt it made sense! Now with the combination of investment loss and returns smaller than credit rates it really doesn't make any sense to go into more debt on a toy. It's a matter of emotion over common sense right now and common sense says run away. My only other consideration is I'm getting older and may not have that many good driving years left. That might over-ride the smart side of my brain...:) or not...
That’s true, but if it is true that our last ICE days are numbered - then this will be my last ICE Toy that I will keep till I’m old(er). Prob save me more in the long run by not swapping cars multiple times in the future which all will be EVs, Hydrogen….. etc.

Last edited:
Not any more.
Fancy lending me the yaris?
I was driving home tonight in the pitch black, with high force cross winds and driving rain, plenty of standing water on the road and glare from other cars headlights and you know what I thought?
I really wish I was in the Emira right now.

Ah no, no I didn't, Yaris for the winter win 😅

Could be difficult for lotus.
How many people put deposits down thinking it was a 60k ,car it's now for a fe, a 75k to 80k car, the finance has gone up once and it seems the max deposit has gone down effectively making you finance more of the car and make them more profit.
I think 10 or 11 % would be a disaster.

As for second hand cars they are all overpriced by 10 to 20% that was the effect of the pandemic and supply of new cars. Trade prices are now reflecting this hence the low trade in values but dealers are sitting on cars they have paid to much for. Difficult times!!!

Nobody wants to take a loss but your car is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.
Yes, when i put my deposit down on the 5th October 2019 i was told it would be £55-£60k and the 50/50 finance, as offered on the 3E's, would be available on the then Type 131. It now seems this was the start of a long line of miss information given by Lotus. Well i suppose you could say that they are consistent at something.

I was driving home tonight in the pitch black, with high force cross winds and driving rain, plenty of standing water on the road and glare from other cars headlights and you know what I thought?

After your continuous rambling about the Yaris I gave in and checked out the GR corolla forum. Pretty funny stuff. It might as well have been the Emira forum. Cars are mega delayed. Limited availability. Dealer markup of $15000. People bitching and complaining non stop. Impatient people. Basically a bunch of cry babies. Who in the their right mind would pay $65000 for the top of line Corolla? Not me! Maybe all forums are the same. From reading your posts I would guess you are not going to buy the Emira. I would take that bet any day. Not sure why you are on the Emira forum everyday running the Emira through the mud. Some may find it amusing but it is redundant. Carry on:whistle:

After your continuous rambling about the Yaris I gave in and checked out the GR corolla forum. Pretty funny stuff. It might as well have been the Emira forum. Cars are mega delayed. Limited availability. Dealer markup of $15000. People bitching and complaining non stop. Impatient people. Basically a bunch of cry babies. Who in the their right mind would pay $65000 for the top of line Corolla? Not me! Maybe all forums are the same. From reading your posts I would guess you are not going to buy the Emira. I would take that bet any day. Not sure why you are on the Emira forum everyday running the Emira through the mud. Some may find it amusing but it is redundant. Carry on:whistle:
I’m sitting in a Porsche centre waiting for my wife’s car. They have 20 Macans on site waiting for Bose. It’s not just Lotus.

Interest rate from BOE gone up another .75% - expect the rate to rise from Lotus is in the next month or less.

Love you to ❤
It's good to talk about other cars, hopefully we are all car enthusiasts or we wouldn't be on this forum 🙂
I may still buy the Emira. But the process hasn't exactly been an easy one and seems to be getting harder.

Love you to ❤
It's good to talk about other cars, hopefully we are all car enthusiasts or we wouldn't be on this forum 🙂
I may still buy the Emira. But the process hasn't exactly been an easy one and seems to be getting harder.
The process is easy. Just sit back, wait and relax. :cool:
What makes it harder is reading all the whining on here :ROFLMAO:

The process is easy. Just sit back, wait and relax. :cool:
What makes it harder is reading all the whining on here :ROFLMAO:
Fair. But I think ironically the earlier you placed your deposit the harder it has been. If I was never expecting to take delivery until 2023 from the off, it wouldn't be an issue. Sit back, relax and watch it all pan out!

Ive been working out my losses if I was to continue with my order.. on my current PCP deal

1) 3k to 4k loss in my part exchange minimum by May. Total £4,000
2) £230 per month x 36 months 5.9APR to 10.9APR by May. Total £8,280 extra interest
3) Car Tax. Total £400

A very painful £12,680 which simply isn't doable on an 80k car for most of us PCP depositors.

Fair. But I think ironically the earlier you placed your deposit the harder it has been. If I was never expecting to take delivery until 2023 from the off, it wouldn't be an issue. Sit back, relax and watch it all pan out!
That is how i feel Leonard. Over 3 years ago i put my deposit down, but to Lotus, that means nothing. People who only put a deposit down at or around launch are pretty close to getting their cars. This i for one find particularly unfair. Don't get me wrong, if people did put a deposit down before me, i have no problem getting my car after them. I would, however, like to know how many did put their deposit down before me. I can't imagine there are many.

That is how i feel Leonard. Over 3 years ago i put my deposit down, but to Lotus, that means nothing. People who only put a deposit down at or around launch are pretty close to getting their cars. This i for one find particularly unfair. Don't get me wrong, if people did put a deposit down before me, i have no problem getting my car after them. I would, however, like to know how many did put their deposit down before me. I can't imagine there are many.
Definitely countable on one hand I'm sure!

My thoughts exactly, if there are any at all.
I think you should have been top of the list. Come on - the competency of Lotus not to implement Pre-Reveal customers is shocking. They opened an online booking system and totally ignored existing customers who had been listed by their dealers in your case by a year.
We new this car was coming as Phil Popham told us in Autocar in 2018/2019. Hence, your allocation at the dealer.
For Lotus to ignore us, as the online boat sailed away - allowed others to get preferential treatment.
I sound like a stick record - but we have been treated shabbily, and don’t believe LCS gives a damn.

I think you should have been top of the list. Come on - the competency of Lotus not to implement Pre-Reveal customers is shocking. They opened an online booking system and totally ignored existing customers who had been listed by their dealers in your case by a year.
We new this car was coming as Phil Popham told us in Autocar in 2018/2019. Hence, your allocation at the dealer.
For Lotus to ignore us, as the online boat sailed away - allowed others to get preferential treatment.
I sound like a stick record - but we have been treated shabbily, and don’t believe LCS gives a damn.
I was tiped off by the dealer that something was going on at the factory. I immediately put a deposit down. Lotus have clearly ignored pre reveal deposits and gone straight for the reveal/post reveal deposits. Totally unfair in my view.

Two before you that I know about. One of those is getting an i4, so you should be V6 number 2.

Two before you that I know about. One of those is getting an i4, so you should be V6 number 2.
Thank you for the information Tom, interesting to know that. So that being the case, why am i so far down the list?

You wont even be able to find that thing on your drive when it snows.... with it being white and all.....