Finance

I hope they keep the 50/50 0% Apr deal as an option this would get a lot of cars sold. 5.9% is just a copy of the porsche deal which they openly admitt they are focused on as there main competitors, the problem with this is it has to be a comparable total package at the moment lotus emira is an unknown in terms of dealer support quality of product and residual values, just because there is a lot of expectation in the emira you still need to sell it. Come on lotus get a really good finance deal in place that gets them sold.

I hope they keep the 50/50 0% Apr deal as an option this would get a lot of cars sold. 5.9% is just a copy of the porsche deal which they openly admitt they are focused on as there main competitors, the problem with this is it has to be a comparable total package at the moment lotus emira is an unknown in terms of dealer support quality of product and residual values, just because there is a lot of expectation in the emira you still need to sell it. Come on lotus get a really good finance deal in place that gets them sold.
My local dealer said they are mirroring everything Porsche Inc finance at 5.9% which is more than a little optimistic given that Lotus isn't Porsche 😇 Baby steps!

I agree nothing wrong with wanting to be porsche but they are way of that yet cayman gts has very good residuals to back that finance product nobody knows what the residual value of an emira will be and won't for a while. I also think the dealer network is going to be a real problem.

I agree nothing wrong with wanting to be porsche but they are way of that yet cayman gts has very good residuals to back that finance product nobody knows what the residual value of an emira will be and won't for a while. I also think the dealer network is going to be a real problem.
When I was speaking to the Sales Manager from Lotus (not the dealership) he said 5.9% without confirming it "officially" and he was very committed in his comments about residual values being strong and supported by the finance partner (FCA). I don't think they are under any illusion that they need to steal Porsche market share and to do that the residual is a key factor. I fully expect the residual will be as good as the 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 but probably not as strong as the residual on the 718 Cayman GT4. Time will tell and hopefully in November they will put us out of our misery.

Who takes out finance at 5.9% when it's available on the High Street for 2.9%....
It needs to be the pay half now and the rest on 0% in 12 months type deals of the past to even interest me.
Could also ask who on earth puts 40k of their own money into a liability when it could be earning a good return elsewhere!

Guess it depends how long your thinking of keeping the car as after the 12mths you have the other 40k to put in
If I recall it was 50/50 over 2 years. So happily pay 40k and then trade in, sell after 24months. If it was a keeper then that other 40k could as you say been working for you in meantime offsetting the overall cost

….nobody knows what the residual value of an emira ….
Not strictly true, the finance houses will define the Guaranteed Future Value for the finance packages. Although not the same as the residual there’s a strong correlation.

I heard a rumour the Emira GFV% will be slightly lower than the GTS 4.0 but above the Evora.

I doubt very much that the 50/50 0% offer will be given on the Emira due to its high demand so if financing it looks like you’ll need a large deposit to keep them monthly costs down otherwise like someone said before it will be mortgage money.

Cars depreciate so
Enjoy them and not worry .
Houses appreciate so buy them to pay for your enjoyment with your depreciating asset ! 👌🏽

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back