• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Goodyear eagle F1 for lotus vs Michelin Pilot sport 4s for Porsche?

Also Sports suspension with Goodyears. For me the tire choice is a no-brainer. The Cup2s are dead every 8.000km, only really work when it‘s dry and require a bit of temperature as well which is hard to reach on public roads. If you plan on tracking the Emira however, it would be worth considering getting a second set with Cup2s. First it will even be more fun on track and second your Goodyears will last longer if they don‘t see a track.
Sports and Goodyears here as well.

Sports and Goodyears as well.

As I posted before, talking to one of the technicians that came to the road show, and he tested both sport and touring on the Emira, he told me it would be ok for me since I am comfortable enough for long rides with my Evora Sport 410 which is tuned with sports suspension and Cup 2´s.
he told me the Sports suspension tuning for the Emira is a little bit softer than the one I have in the Evora.
Goodyears for me on the Emira since I don't track it and want to use it in all weather conditions.
I keep the Cup 2´s on the Evora which I will definitely only use on dry conditions. 8.000 kms now and they are dead.

As I posted before, talking to one of the technicians that came to the road show, and he tested both sport and touring on the Emira, he told me it would be ok for me since I am comfortable enough for long rides with my Evora Sport 410 which is tuned with sports suspension and Cup 2´s.

he told me the Sports suspension tuning for the Emira is a little bit softer than the one I have in the Evora.
**internal screaming**

He wants more track focus like SPASM or X71 in the Porsche world, at least that's my guess.

The best part of this whole deal is this car is completely analog, meaning alternative shocks, springs and sway bars will be readily available for the track rats from the aftermarket in short order and if their GT4 program takes hold, the potential for a factory "Track Pac" kit.

He wants more track focus like SPASM or X71 in the Porsche world, at least that's my guess.

The best part of this whole deal is this car is completely analog, meaning alternative shocks, springs and sway bars will be readily available for the track rats from the aftermarket in short order and if their GT4 program takes hold, the potential for a factory "Track Pac" kit.
ah sorry, didn't understand, thanks

Not at all! I want the distinction between Tour and Sport to be a clear one, so that buyers know what they are choosing. If I want an extremely well-controlled but compliant ride that maximizes driver engagement and handling with the Goodyear tires, which do I choose? Based on available info, the answer seems to be "both".

Not at all! I want the distinction between Tour and Sport to be a clear one, so that buyers know what they are choosing. If I want an extremely well-controlled but compliant ride that maximizes driver engagement and handling with the Goodyear tires, which do I choose? Based on available info, the answer seems to be "both".
Ah, got it and yes, their answers are clear as mud.

The same confusion existed with the 718 GT4/Spyder rollout when they added PS4S as an optional tire for the Spyder. My Spyder has Cup2’s and it’s very livable and tractable on the roads I travel in the South East. But I’ve driven a Spyder with the PS4S tires and it’s brilliant, absolutely nothing feels diminished aside from ultimate grip. When I wear out the Cup2’s they are getting replaced with PS4S’. So for me it’s pretty clear, order the Sport settings with Goodyear tires, that’s the perfect compromise for someone who’s used to aggressively tuned suspensions but wants a certain amount of compliance in everyday use.

Back