• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Guesses on headlight cost?

The more I see the reflector the more it bothers me. If the cost is truly that prohibitive I may try to open the housing and paint or remove the reflector myself. I’ve done it once before many years ago with success. Obviously not preferable as you risk moisture intrusion if you don’t re-seal it correctly, but my OCD can be a strong motivator.

Is there a film or a tint that could be put over it?

Yeah people just have wrap shops custom cut a piece to cover it

The more I see the reflector the more it bothers me. If the cost is truly that prohibitive I may try to open the housing and paint or remove the reflector myself. I’ve done it once before many years ago with success. Obviously not preferable as you risk moisture intrusion if you don’t re-seal it correctly, but my OCD can be a strong motivator.

A lot of older headlights were sealed with butyl rubber but a lot are sealed with considerably more difficult sealants these days which makes separation really difficult.

I too was disappointed by the amber lights, but the more I see it- I think it actually looks fine. I don’t think vinyl is going to do the trick here given the 3d-ness of the interior lights but always worth a try. Replacing with OEM euro spec is the OCD way to go, just very pricey. I’m going to live with it.

I too was disappointed by the amber lights, but the more I see it- I think it actually looks fine. I don’t think vinyl is going to do the trick here given the 3d-ness of the interior lights but always worth a try. Replacing with OEM euro spec is the OCD way to go, just very pricey. I’m going to live with it.
Hopefully people will remember when ordering lights that they need the EU spec, not the UK spec. Different light pattern for RHD and LHD.

well from the eBay link looks like these are manufactured in the U.S.

Which means that they will be expensive, good thing is may be able to be had here in the U.S.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
-I used two layers of headlight tint on my Jag(but it’s black) and it worked out pretty well. Ember Light shoots through the tint at night.
Hopefully this works on the Emira depending on car color.
1703384446183.png

other than that, it's the Ebay lights$$$ or hoping a shop can bake them open.

Last edited:
We could try but most parts like this have an exclusive sales agreement with Lotus and they won’t sell direct to anyone at all
I figured if you can buy through dealers and parts repair shops maybe the UK version might be able to be sold here. Thanks for checking. 🙏

Reactions: GRP
I figured if you can buy through dealers and parts repair shops maybe the UK version might be able to be sold here. Thanks for checking. 🙏
Needs to be the EU version. UK version will have a different beam pattern/direction.

I did enquire about headlight cost at B&C, a UK unit is £2.5k