Have to have final order in by 7/17/24

harleyujoe

Reaction score
I placed order in May and think I may go look at colors one more time.
I ordered Yellow /tan interior I4...I test drove Green /tan interior V6..
So want to look one more time and I sort of like the green in some ways..
The yellow sure stands out for sure..

Question is extended warranty available ??
And was giving thought to a V6 /6speed but NJ traffic sure
is a mess and keep hearing issues on clutch of V6..
And know if I get I4 with auto wife would take it out and 6 speed she willl not.
So decisions..LOL

Have a V6 and no issues with clutch, but if you're not into clutching/shifting in heavy City traffic, the automatic transmission is far easier (but less fun IMO). It seems for most people, you're either a die-hard "manual transmission sport car person" or not. Enabling your spouse to drive could be a "plus" (or not...lol).

Be wary of the yellow, with its multi-color scheme: different yellows for exterior paint, hood badge and rim center caps. Even my Lotus salesperson thought it looks odd. But you can change to black badging/caps if it bothers you enough.

The verdant green was initially "too black" for me but I'm more in favour of it now, having seen it in person and how it shows off the metallic green in brighter sunlight. I think the tan interior goes +++ well with verdant green.

Everyone struggles with colors, until you realize almost ALL colors look great on the Emira, due to its wonderfully sculpted body shape/lines.

NO extended warranty available, that I know of. Nothing from Lotus itself, nor have I heard of any aftermarket warranties.

Welcome to the Forum!

Regarding the extended warranty, I'd ask your dealer. I do not yet have an Emira, for many reasons, but have been sort of shopping. I test drove one a week or two ago and asked the local dealer about the warranty. I was told that while Lotus doesn't have an extended warranty, they [the local dealer] do offer an extended third party warranty through Fidelity.

I couldn't speak to how good Fidelity's warranty is or isn't, as, like I said, I haven't pulled the trigger on the car yet. But I think it'd be worth checking with your dealer.

Thank You....I will ask dealership next week when I go in to look at colors of Emira and do my final order..
I like yellow but wonder if it will get tired of it ... When I walked away from verdant green it caught my eye and with tan interior and Niche copper tint wheels think it would be a eye catcher..

My real thought is going to dealer around November and if I4 delivery is not mid 2025 I may just go find a V6/6speed..
See how progress with Lotus I4 goes..

Attachments

• 2E0A61C7-A070-42E7-BC14-F177606908B9_1_105_c.jpeg
    2E0A61C7-A070-42E7-BC14-F177606908B9_1_105_c.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back