• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Homelink Wont Connect

LuckyDog125

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues getting Homelink to work with their garage door opener? Following all the instructions to a tee........using buttons 1 and 3 to clear everything. I get the flashing yellow house icon and then it turns to a rapid green. Still wont open garage door. I do have the rolling code type of garage door so pushing the button on the garage door before trying to sync. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Do you mean you're pushing the learn button before on your opener (not the remote)? Seems like my downstairs garage i had to do that to get Homelink to work and seemed more difficult than usual. Other cars (not just Emira) a pain too on that same opener. Didn't have to do that extra step on the upstairs doors.
edit:
Homelink
Steps 4-6 using the learn button on opener what I had to do.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues getting Homelink to work with their garage door opener? Following all the instructions to a tee........using buttons 1 and 3 to clear everything. I get the flashing yellow house icon and then it turns to a rapid green. Still wont open garage door. I do have the rolling code type of garage door so pushing the button on the garage door before trying to sync. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Hi
I had the same problem tried loads potential fixes, I am based in the UK. What its proved to be was the model on my mirror was not the UK version.
You can check by taking picture of the back of the mirror that has the model number etc. I checked with HomeLink. They got Lotus dealer refresh the software/Firmware, it took nearly 9 months to sort, due to I proved it when I had delivery of my Eletre which had same Mirror HomeLink and worked first time when programmed with my remotes. Mine are also rolling codes.
Hope this helps.

Roland

I had a hell of a time and tried everything. Finally worked when I put fresh batteries in the garage door opener handheld. Apparently it had enough juice to send a signal to my opener unit 25 feet away but not enough to send a signal 6 inches to the mirror.

The other thing that’s a bit unusual is that you double click the Homelink button to open the garage door. Most others you don’t.

I have a Chamberlain opener, and it connected easily. I put the remote next to the mirror, held down the remote button and the mirror button (I used button one) at the same time, and the Chamberlain flashed twice, and that was it. It opens and closes with one button press.

I had no issues programming my garage door opener but had problems with programming a gate remote. It turns out I was holding the remote too close to the mirror. I held it between 8-12 in away and it recognized it.