How many Evijas have been sold?

According to Jenson Button, the chassis of the Evija is carbon fiber all the way from front to back. That has to be a big part of the expense.

I'm really curious to see what Russell's team has done with the Type 135. Maybe something in between the Evija and Emira. Something with 200 hp per wheel instead of the Evija's 500 hp. Smaller battery pack, something similar to the Emira chassis-wise.

Jenson said the Evija was only 200kg heavier than the Emira, but that's with the carbon fiber chassis and the battery pack necessary to drive the 500 hp per wheel. If the Type 135 had 200 hp per wheel (smaller lighter motors), a lighter battery pack, but used some of the construction techniques of the Emira with the bonded aluminum chassis, they might be able to bring it in at say 1500-ish kg. With 800 hp it would be quite a performer. They could even go down to 150 hp per wheel for a total of 600 hp to save some more weight, and it would still be a stunner. Hopefully they can bring it in under $100k.

The big issue for all the electric cars is going to be cost. If the average family/buyer can't necessarily afford them now, what are the lower economic classes going to do? Spending $75k+ is already out of reach for most, what's going to happen when that price rises to $85k+? When all the manufacturers have stopped production of ICE cars in the next few years, the logical result will be the market for used ICE cars is going to become seriously hot. They'll be the only cars the majority can afford.
I mean, one expects new, low-volume things to be more expensive at first, then for mass production and competition to drive the price downwards as the years go on, no? I'm sure motorcars were initially more expensive than horse-drawn carriages. :)

According to Jenson Button, the chassis of the Evija is carbon fiber all the way from front to back. That has to be a big part of the expense.

I'm really curious to see what Russell's team has done with the Type 135. Maybe something in between the Evija and Emira. Something with 200 hp per wheel instead of the Evija's 500 hp. Smaller battery pack, something similar to the Emira chassis-wise.

Jenson said the Evija was only 200kg heavier than the Emira, but that's with the carbon fiber chassis and the battery pack necessary to drive the 500 hp per wheel. If the Type 135 had 200 hp per wheel (smaller lighter motors), a lighter battery pack, but used some of the construction techniques of the Emira with the bonded aluminum chassis, they might be able to bring it in at say 1500-ish kg. With 800 hp it would be quite a performer. They could even go down to 150 hp per wheel for a total of 600 hp to save some more weight, and it would still be a stunner. Hopefully they can bring it in under $100k.

The big issue for all the electric cars is going to be cost. If the average family/buyer can't necessarily afford them now, what are the lower economic classes going to do? Spending $75k+ is already out of reach for most, what's going to happen when that price rises to $85k+? When all the manufacturers have stopped production of ICE cars in the next few years, the logical result will be the market for used ICE cars is going to become seriously hot. They'll be the only cars the majority can afford.
The targets for Type 135 including being no heavier than the 1450kg Emira, have the same or longer range and a 3s or better 0-60. There will be a price target, which I don't know but would assume will be under $100k in today's money.

I believe the Type 135 is supposed to succeed the Elise and Alpine A110 in collab. I overlaid the teaser pic (preserving aspect ratio) and saw elements of A310 body creases/curves and Esprit proportions/profile. I originally thought it would compete on Tesla Roadster's level at $200k. Who knows what set vision Britishvolt and Lotus have but it seems early enough to be fluid to adjust to competitors as they roll out entries up and down market.

1655338584342.png

I really find it hard to believe people still do not believe in global warming. How can the science and data be disregarded? It is a scientific fact that it is real. I guess there are still people that do not believe in evolution despite science 🤷‍♂️ My friend I grew up with was very religious and did not believe in dinosaurs:ROFLMAO:
I have a lot of sympathy for those people because I used to be one of them. I grew up in an evangelical Christian family and was a firm believer for 22 years before I managed to escape that cult and prison for the mind. If you've never had a religious upbringing (and more power to you if that's the case!), then you may have no idea as to just how much indoctrination some people have gone through. Climate change is just another side of the same coin in my view.
This suggests there is a uniform distribution of resources, whereas as we all know it is not even close to uniform. a very small number of people are responsible for disproportionate use of resources. Reducing the population will do nothing, since those people who are driven to maximise their wealth and resources at any costs will simply take up the slack. They see the world in terms of opportunities for personal wealth and power maximisation, that's all, it has no other purpose. The issue is not the number of people, the issue is what is in their heads.
Reducing the human population (again, voluntarily, non-violently, & ethically) still works under a non-uniform distribution of resources. Actually, if anything it would be best to reduce human populations starting with the wealthiest nations first, as we emit the most carbon dioxide. But I am staunchly pro-equality, so I just say reduce everyone at the same rate. :p

-------
But to help this thread get somewhat back on topic, here's some Evija photoshops I made a couple years ago! 😂

evija-blue-3-rear-angle.jpg

evija-orange-2-side.jpg

evija-venom-green-1-front-angle.jpg

Providing some known details about Type 135 that were mentioned. It's off-topic, but I'll take my opportunities to talk about Type 135 :).
  • Current horsepower targets are up to 335 hp for continuous power and 469 hp for temporary peak power. This is from a single motor for the rear axle. Dual motor AWD is still a possibility. The electric motor could also improve specs.
  • Performance targets are 3 to 3.5 seconds 0-100 km/h and 450 km of range. An entry-level vehicle could be 4 to 5 seconds 0-100 km/h.
  • Even if Type 135 is bonded aluminum vs the Evija carbon fiber, Type 135 should be a lot lighter. Type 135 doesn't have to survive hypercar performance, doesn't have 4 strong and heavy electric drive units (comprised of motor, single speed gearbox, inverter, and possibly other electronics), doesn't have a pushrod suspension, and has a smaller battery. Electric drive units can easily weigh over 100 lbs, especially for high performance.
  • As TomE mentioned, Type 135 has the Emira as the weight target (likely the V6), so ~1450kg.
  • Pricing is much more vague. It's definitely in the sports car level with "affordable performance" and not supercar like the next Tesla Roadster. It's only been said to be comparable to the upper end of Exige pricing. The article that was published in (Autocar) estimated this to mean between 80-100k pounds, but that includes special edition Exiges. Just looking at standard ones like the Final Edition, that's probably like 70k pounds with options. But also this was before inflation and supply chain price spikes, especially with EV materials like batteries.
  • Size wise it'll be slightly bigger than Emira.

For more details and where available info is being collected, see the thread below:

Admins, can you create a new thread in Off Topic and move the climate change posts there?

Admins, can you create a new thread in Off Topic and move the climate change posts there?
This would feel wrong to me. Having the freedom to go on tangents now and again keeps threads exciting, and makes this forum a fun place to be! If this one turned into a 10 page debate, ok then I would agree with you. But it looks like Eagle has stopped replying to me anyhow, so it's pretty much petered out on its own. :p

There are several long posts in this thread on a completely different topic to the thread title.

Happy for people to go off at a tangent - and this started from a related point about battery technology - but this seems a long way off topic now. Even some of the people posting about it have mentioned a new thread. I’m not proposing censoring the posts, just moving them.

Happy to let Admins take a view on it.

I think your off topic post about off topic posts should be moved to a new thread :LOL:
I love the balanced arguments on this forum.
But if I get a bit much for everyone feel free to move all my posts to specially designed section for whingers 😉 😅

I love the balanced arguments on this forum.
But if I get a bit much for everyone feel free to move all my posts to specially designed section for whingers 😉 😅
I don't know. Are you really ready to be the star of the Mr. Grumpy Pants thread? You might find yourself having to create a new YouTube channel. I suspect it could be very popular not just for this car or a Lotus, but for anything anywhere lol.

I don't know. Are you really ready to be the star of the Mr. Grumpy Pants thread? You might find yourself having to create a new YouTube channel. I suspect it could be very popular not just for this car or a Lotus, but for anything anywhere lol.
Has a certain ring to it: 'Mr Grumpy Pants on Cars' . I am sure it would be more entertaining than that Jayem bloke :)

Honestly I think it would be a hit. Mr. Grumpy Pants on Everything. Just remember to give me a finder's fee when you make your millions from ad revenue sharing on YouTube lol.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back