How to get rid of the gritty sound to the engine?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am not really sure how to describe this, but, the engine / transmission seems l ike it has a bit of grit sound to it... a bit... sandy..

Kind of very slight ticks, whirls, rattles..

I am sure the car is fine... its always had this.. I dont really view it as anything wrong with the car..

But any way to fix this? Does flushing the transmission fluid help?

Sorry its a bit of a bad question -- I am not the brightest guy with cars.
Thanks a lot..

Last edited:
I am not really sure how to describe this, but, the engine / transmission seems l ike it has a bit of grit sound to it... a bit... sandy..

I am sure the car is fine.

Thanks a lot..
do you hear it just around 1-2k rpm and then it goes away as you accelerate? or does it sound gritty at higher revs?

I am sure the car is fine... its always had this.. I dont really view it as anything wrong with the car..

Thanks a lot..
I replaced the oil after the 1,000 miles mark in both the engine and trans, and put Archoil 9100 in both of them as well. They are now noticeably quieter. There's still some mechanical noise, but unless you want to completely sound- insulate the interior, you're going to always have some amount. That's generally the nature of a sports car.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back