i4 quality control

maggierose

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anecdotally, it appears that most of the V6 FE quality problems stem from old batteries and faulty wiring harnesses. I assume that the AMG powered Emira will have a more complicated loom due to the DCT. Should we expect to see i4 models be at least initially more problematic than the V6? Also, does anyone know who provides said wiring harnesses (i.e. is it a third party)?

Like most US customers, I'm impatient with the delays but I'm also glad that other locales will have experienced the cars first in hopes that US cars will experience fewer faults. I'm guessing the V6 & i4 could potentially land state-side simultaneously at this point!

Well, the rear chassis for the i4 is (majority) aluminium, so it will definitely be more reliable... Sarcasm, sorry!

But to put it another way, don't think you can correlate a (somewhat) different electrical system in itself with whether it will be more or less reliable, tbh.

As for batteries, I'd have thought this would only have been an issue with the initial batch of batteries sat around due to delayed production start (like you say, 'old batteries'), therefore no longer a problem?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back