• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

My Emira Experience

I have no idea @Eagle7. You're right. My money says something else happened. Anyway it cranks but doesn't start. It was running great just prior. Maybe @kitkat knows about the fuses but I don't.

Last edited:
I have no idea @Eagle7. You're right. My money says something else happened. Anyway it cranks but doesn't start. It was running great just prior. Maybe @kitkat knows about the fuses but I don't.
There is a fuse for the spark plugs and coils. It's number 6 on the diagram, and it's in the fuse box behind the driver's seat.

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 8.10.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-26 at 8.10.28 PM.png

I wonder why the indicator lights faulted as well.

thinking out loud... might also be a common ground reference that opened up or now has high-resistance.
I'd check the fuse first, but if it's blown, that means something caused it. It just doesn't seem likely to me that all 6 coils would fail at the same time. More like they lost their communication with the ECU.

Just reading this terrible news @Time2Fly, very sorry for you. I assume this was a tow home event? On the edge of my seat awaiting your news to see if you have a resolution.

Yeah. I used the Lotus roadside assistance. Had to wait three hours for it but they were really good.

No word back but I'm going to go check the fuses tomorrow since they haven't looked at it yet

Dealer called today. Two coils failed causing the fuse to blow cutting power to the other four. Emergency parts order should have it running tomorrow.

Begs the question: why did two fail?

Dealer called today. Two coils failed causing the fuse to blow cutting power to the other four. Emergency parts order should have it running tomorrow.

Begs the question: why did two fail?
Cylinder positions? wondering if they are both on the fwd or aft bank of the engine.