• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
New Acura "Performance EV" concept unveiled at Monterey Car Week. The rear design looks... familiar!

1723743766967.png

The irony is the press release says the rear design is inspired by the 2nd-gen NSX.

New Acura "Performance EV" concept unveiled at Monterey Car Week. The rear design looks... familiar!

View attachment 49684

The irony is the press release says the rear design is inspired by the 2nd-gen NSX.
Boy ain't that the truth! The side-ding vent looks like the Eletre, and even the side windows follow the Emira.

The Emira looks like a Ferrari/McLaren baby. Not much footing to stand on regarding "stolen" design.
I agree and on my second day of ownership, had a Ferrari (similar red color), zoom up beside me to check out my car, likely thinking it was a Ferrari, after viewing it from a distance. Regardless, the Emira has beautiful lines and I get admiring compliments almost every day.

I agree and on my second day of ownership, had a Ferrari (similar red color), zoom up beside me to check out my car, likely thinking it was a Ferrari, after viewing it from a distance. Regardless, the Emira has beautiful lines and I get admiring compliments almost every day.

The other day I heard someone shout "Hey Mclaren! Light 'em up!" while I was sitting at a stop light. o_O

At least they are keeping true to the past....all Suv's tend to blend in and look the same.

I didn't even know Buick still existed.
Yep, they're still hanging in there. Coincidentally, by comparison, Lotus' annual production volume represents about 4% of Buick's.

Back