• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Incorrect mileage

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a mate considering buying a Emira and has found an 18 month old V6 manual with 600 miles on it. I consider mine really low at 3500 because I only drive it 3-4 times a month and have 2 alternative cars for general driving, so it doesn’t seem right to me.
He has done the obvious like checking the service history and the 3 services do tie up with the mileage. The tyres were recently changed because he didn’t like the Goodridge and moved to Cup 2s so not way of checking the tread.
If the owner used some sort of mileage blocker in between the sender and dash is there somewhere else he could get a technician to check? On other cars like Audis you often have the mileage recorded on the DCT ecu but not sure if that can be checked on a manual car.
If this a great find or a 10k car that’s been tampered with?

I have a mate considering buying a Emira and has found an 18 month old V6 manual with 600 miles on it. I consider mine really low at 3500 because I only drive it 3-4 times a month and have 2 alternative cars for general driving, so it doesn’t seem right to me.
He has done the obvious like checking the service history and the 3 services do tie up with the mileage. The tyres were recently changed because he didn’t like the Goodridge and moved to Cup 2s so not way of checking the tread.
If the owner used some sort of mileage blocker in between the sender and dash is there somewhere else he could get a technician to check? On other cars like Audis you often have the mileage recorded on the DCT ecu but not sure if that can be checked on a manual car.
If this a great find or a 10k car that’s been tampered with?
That's also not that unusual. The Emira is a bit of a weekender for most folks, and he may have multiple homes or many cars. I have several cars which I doubt see 600 miles in 18 months. Have a dealer check it out if there's genuine reason for concern.

That's also not that unusual. The Emira is a bit of a weekender for most folks, and he may have multiple homes or many cars. I have several cars which I doubt see 600 miles in 18 months. Have a dealer check it out if there's genuine reason for concern.
Agree, not uncommon at all. If the service records line up, I wouldn’t worry much about it. Enjoy the car….

Thanks for the replies I’ll pass them on. 👍🏻

Back