• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Information update

94037034-7E6C-4179-AB76-E1C6929CAAB4.jpeg
So ahead of the information update that is coming next week I was invited down to Hethel to be part of a small panel discussing new and existing questions.

Here's the headlines of what was learned:

Seen all the colours
Seats are going to be great
Finishes are superb
V6 sounds fantastic
Fancy new configurator coming very soon.

Obviously no picture taking allowed in the factory so these were just the ones I could / wanted to take on the day. Plus some renders that represent well the actual colours.

Starting with the hot potato the colours: Seen two cars in Dark verdant (my spec colour) Which IS dark but super classy and is going to be great. But even stood next to it in the factory from one angle green, from another almost black. Which is fine by me but I know many have issue with that. It's pretty exact in the image I’ve posted here of the 3 angles.

Magma red: Is not bright red (although they did have an almost Ferrari red one in the factory which looked cool) The renders I’ve posted with this is pretty spot on to what it looks like.

There was an actual silver car driving round the grounds of the factory which looked off the scale good! Silver with Silver forged wheels. They said they didn’t think it was nimbus grey (it was very close) but it looked sooooo good.

All other colours you have already seen and they look as expected.

Something that made me laugh was that they now have a production ready finished car which will be the first car going out to press. And the first guys to drive it will be on Top Gear. Guess what colour it is?……..White. Ha just brilliant. The first one out there and not in a launch colour. I think what they might have done is pay homage to the first Esprit. The famous story of the PR guy from Lotus Parking a pre production Esprit in the allocated parking spaces outside the main entrance at Pinewood studios so Cubby Broccoli would see it and want it in the Bond film. And the Spy Who Loved me white Esprit rocketed Lotus in to iconic status.

I saw the white one still with a few bits of wrapping on it parked outside and it looked great. In the factory there are all sorts of test colours, black (amazing) flat grey (amazing) dark metallic blue and then many, many flat blue mules. ALL of the cars you have seen in any factory pictures are verification prototypes. Customer production hasn’t started yet. They have screens all round the factory with a digital countdown. Counting down the days till production starts. 45 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 32, 31, 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool.

Next seats: There are many VP seats in the factory. And they are MUCH MUCH better than the show car seat. Much deeper, much more supportive and look much more sportier. And they were just production mules. So the fished ones will look great. The hard shell back looks great. Even with coat hooks on the back ;)

There were also a few dashboards hanging round ready to go in cars. And the finish was superb. I think the dashes are made in Germany. The leather on the tops, stitching and finish of all the vents and buttons was really very good.

Spoke to the Head of dynamic testing and he did a few laps in one of the bright Emira liveried dynamic testing cars. V6 auto. And it was fast and loud and everything you’d expect from a Lotus.

The key has been designed in house. So although it will obviously have Geely innards the casing will be Lotus specific so hopefully it will be a nice thing.

There is a brand new configurator coming soon (next week?) and it will allow you to change the background from studio to natural settings and light so light will change etc. And the ability to watch a video of your spec driving down the Big Sur in California. So looking forward to seeing that.

Think that’s it but if you have any questions let me know I might know it or can find out.

Attachments

• 927FEB1E-511A-4BE3-9F70-0C1E5FA9490B.jpeg
    927FEB1E-511A-4BE3-9F70-0C1E5FA9490B.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 115B0C0C-2C56-4A47-99FA-A37FDF319B36.jpeg
    115B0C0C-2C56-4A47-99FA-A37FDF319B36.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 334
  • 97504D2E-F99E-49CA-8990-A012EBC71FFC.jpeg
    97504D2E-F99E-49CA-8990-A012EBC71FFC.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 330
  • B03752FA-9DF5-44E8-88A5-61D88B524306.jpeg
    B03752FA-9DF5-44E8-88A5-61D88B524306.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 323
  • F6D8B78C-BD62-42D4-8376-F93E383FC1C6.jpeg
    F6D8B78C-BD62-42D4-8376-F93E383FC1C6.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 9BE7D3CB-E1A0-42C1-A19E-EB3B6FC5B9DE.jpeg
    9BE7D3CB-E1A0-42C1-A19E-EB3B6FC5B9DE.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 309
  • 50E76B79-62ED-41F2-9F24-7FD5EAD0FF04.jpeg
    50E76B79-62ED-41F2-9F24-7FD5EAD0FF04.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 443
  • 497961F6-149C-478F-975C-3FB070AECA49.jpeg
    497961F6-149C-478F-975C-3FB070AECA49.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 498
  • DE58370A-5DB3-40C3-BBB3-DDA7985AABC8.png
    DE58370A-5DB3-40C3-BBB3-DDA7985AABC8.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 500
How did you get the invite if you dont mind me asking? Its looks like an epic experience, really special. Your opening writing has renewed my excitement, that and the email pending some fun things to look at from next week too.
Great to hear how impressed you were with the overall factory and quality of what you saw :)
For me I think, it was perhaps being more vocal about my feeling on here and other groups, or at least i think that how Tom E said it :)

I started to think that I'd best shut up with my views for fear of missing out!
Yes...... :) me to..... it was a good day.....even my partner found it interesting.... But what i can tell you.... the parts going into the car are top quality.... finish on the dash.... was told they spent a lot of time making the colour in both screens the same.... even the little detail on the clove box button..... the stress and wait is going to be worth it...... If any one out there is on the fence..... get your money down now...... or you are going to be at the end of a long list

Last edited:
Starting with the hot potato the colours: Seen two cars in Dark verdant (my spec colour) Which IS dark but super classy and is going to be great. But even stood next to it in the factory from one angle green, from another almost black. Which is fine by me but I know many have issue with that. It's pretty exact in the image I’ve posted here of the 3 angles.

What wheels were on the Dark Verdant cars that you saw and your opinion on the look with those wheels?

Just thinking about it - I get an email on Monday saying great news we've changed your colour and you are still on for a June delivery but deviate again and we cant guarantee a June delivery. Then today we get an email saying there's going to be better shots of the colours next week.
So if I find that Nimbus Grey is nothing like the current configurator view I cant change for another colour for fear of missing the June deadline. So by being an early adopter means I'm more disadvantaged then those placing deposits after me??? #treatedfairly?

Just thinking about it - I get an email on Monday saying great news we've changed your colour and you are still on for a June delivery but deviate again and we cant guarantee a June delivery. Then today we get an email saying there's going to be better shots of the colours next week.
So if I find that Nimbus Grey is nothing like the current configurator view I cant change for another colour for fear of missing the June deadline. So by being an early adopter means I'm more disadvantaged then those placing deposits after me??? #treatedfairly?
im in the same dilemna, it all seems abit backwards to me, ordering beforing seeing the actual colours for real - but i guess this is the risk you take to be First edition,up the list....

Although i was abit miffed that the first nimbus grey on the configurator didnt look like the latest, if it had i probably would have gone for that....

It's all futile anyway, i'll probably end up wrapping it another colour :)

View attachment 2555So ahead of the information update that is coming next week I was invited down to Hethel to be part of a small panel discussing new and existing questions.

Here's the headlines of what was learned:

Seen all the colours
Seats are going to be great
Finishes are superb
V6 sounds fantastic
Fancy new configurator coming very soon.

Obviously no picture taking allowed in the factory so these were just the ones I could / wanted to take on the day. Plus some renders that represent well the actual colours.

Magma red: Is not bright red (although they did have an almost Ferrari red one in the factory which looked cool) The renders I’ve posted with this is pretty spot on to what it looks like.

There was an actual silver car driving round the grounds of the factory which looked off the scale good! Silver with Silver forged wheels. They said they didn’t think it was nimbus grey (it was very close) but it looked sooooo good.

All other colours you have already seen and they look as expected.

Something that made me laugh was that they now have a production ready finished car which will be the first car going out to press. And the first guys to drive it will be on Top Gear. Guess what colour it is?……..White. Ha just brilliant. The first one out there and not in a launch colour. I think what they might have done is pay homage to the first Esprit. The famous story of the PR guy from Lotus Parking a pre production Esprit in the allocated parking spaces outside the main entrance at Pinewood studios so Cubby Broccoli would see it and want it in the Bond film. And the Spy Who Loved me white Esprit rocketed Lotus in to iconic status.

I saw the white one still with a few bits of wrapping on it parked outside and it looked great. In the factory there are all sorts of test colours, black (amazing) flat grey (amazing) dark metallic blue and then many, many flat blue mules. ALL of the cars you have seen in any factory pictures are verification prototypes. Customer production hasn’t started yet. They have screens all round the factory with a digital countdown. Counting down the days till production starts. 45 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 32, 31, 30 seconds. Pretty damn cool.

Next seats: There are many VP seats in the factory. And they are MUCH MUCH better than the show car seat. Much deeper, much more supportive and look much more sportier. And they were just production mules. So the fished ones will look great. The hard shell back looks great. Even with coat hooks on the back ;)

There were also a few dashboards hanging round ready to go in cars. And the finish was superb. I think the dashes are made in Germany. The leather on the tops, stitching and finish of all the vents and buttons was really very good.

Spoke to the Head of dynamic testing and he did a few laps in one of the bright Emira liveried dynamic testing cars. V6 auto. And it was fast and loud and everything you’d expect from a Lotus.

The key has been designed in house. So although it will obviously have Geely innards the casing will be Lotus specific so hopefully it will be a nice thing.

There is a brand new configurator coming soon (next week?) and it will allow you to change the background from studio to natural settings and light so light will change etc. And the ability to watch a video of your spec driving down the Big Sur in California. So looking forward to seeing that.

Think that’s it but if you have any questions let me know I might know it or can find out.

Thanks for the update on progress at Lotus on the Emira and great you have seen actual cars in all the FE colours. In the case of Dark Verdant, did the cars have the full black pack or just the lower black pack? Interested to know if the full black pack roof is distinguishable from the DV green (as per the original configurator) or little or no difference in reality. Same for the rear Lotus lettering.

Thanks for the update on progress at Lotus on the Emira and great you have seen actual cars in all the FE colours. In the case of Dark Verdant, did the cars have the full black pack or just the lower black pack? Interested to know if the full black pack roof is distinguishable from the DV green (as per the original configurator) or little or no difference in reality. Same for the rear Lotus lettering.
The only full black pack was the one we have all seen..... lots of lower..... the logo and exhaust tip was mentioned I know by @Ubergreg . There was one had full black wing mirrow an full colour car that looked good.

Did they have all the interior colors on view? Specifically a tan and/or an ice interior?

Fantastic update to start the day!

What wheels were on the Dark Verdant cars that you saw and your opinion on the look with those wheels?
Orange ones ;) Ha I cant remember because they weren't production wheels just test stuff. I think most of the mules had cast wheels. Some (mostly blue test mules) had orange wheels on. So cant help you there.

Great updates.

I received the latest Emira email today (along with many others I suspect!)

Finance details coming from 24/1/22 along with new configurator updates....

As a Lotus Emira priority order holder, we’re pleased to inform you in advance of some significant new Lotus website features that will help you on your Emira ownership journey.

To help you visualise your Emira choices in different lighting conditions we’ve added:

• Improved Emira configurator colour representations and different lighting conditions.
    Video of your chosen configuration driving the iconic Big Sur in California.
And to help you with your Emira finance options you’ll see:
  • Finance offer examples.
  • A dynamic finance calculator.
  • Part exchange valuation.
These features will begin to appear on the Lotus Cars website from the 24th January.