• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Injector program upgraded

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I went to the store last week and did a software upgrade, which is said to be a program upgrade for fuel injectors. The changes in the upgraded experience are as follows:
1. When the traffic is jammed, the switch between 1-2 gears is smoother
2. I feel that the acceleration is smoother, so that I feel that the acceleration is not as fast as before
3. When using the paddles to shift gears, the feeling of delay has become smaller
4. According to other owners, previously,in automatic mode , when the throttle opening hit a certain level, the gear shift would get stuck, but personally I didn't have this experience before.

Please elaborate 🧐
To put it simply, after the upgrade, the gear shifts have become much smoother. Before the upgrade, the first gear into the second gear always felt more abrupt, a bit like a rookie driving a manual transmission, this feeling will make you obviously feel that you are accelerating, and after the upgrade, the shift is a bit like Volkswagen's DSG gearbox, and the gear shift is almost invisible.:ROFLMAO:

Maybe it's because I'm used to the feeling of a dual-clutch shift that is more abrupt, and now it's suddenly so smooth, a little unaccustomed, that smoothness makes you feel like you're missing that feeling that gives you a clear signal every time you go up gear, and makes you wonder if the acceleration is slowing down. This is just my speculation and personal feelings.

To put it simply, after the upgrade, the gear shifts have become much smoother. Before the upgrade, the first gear into the second gear always felt more abrupt, a bit like a rookie driving a manual transmission, this feeling will make you obviously feel that you are accelerating, and after the upgrade, the shift is a bit like Volkswagen's DSG gearbox, and the gear shift is almost invisible.:ROFLMAO:

Maybe it's because I'm used to the feeling of a dual-clutch shift that is more abrupt, and now it's suddenly so smooth, a little unaccustomed, that smoothness makes you feel like you're missing that feeling that gives you a clear signal every time you go up gear, and makes you wonder if the acceleration is slowing down. This is just my speculation and personal feelings.
Are you speaking about hitting the limiter? That will feel like hitting a wall in the Emira, yeah :LOL:
Otherwise how smooth the shift is depends 90% on your skill I think..