• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Insurance quotes and availability (Aus/NZ)

Lol too bad insurance has no bearing on police and my criminal activities. More worried about the old being rear ended by a red P Plater with no insurance in an unregistered car.. but hey!

Reactions: Daz
I got a quote with Shannons. A few insurers I tried wouldn't even quote yet.

Agreed value $190k
Premium $2115.07
Excess $1900
Age 31
Clean history
Based on usage: 3-5 times a month

Located Melbourne

Funnily enough my 2018 C63 insured for agreed value of $98k was a $2.7k premium.

I got a quote with Shannons. A few insurers I tried wouldn't even quote yet.

Agreed value $190k
Premium $2115.07
Excess $1900
Age 31
Clean history
Based on usage: 3-5 times a month

Located Melbourne

Funnily enough my 2018 C63 insured for agreed value of $98k was a $2.7k premium.
To be getting an Emira at 31 you’re doing well for yourself, keep up the good work 😀

Plus one for Shannons. Just got a quote of $1350 plus $2000 excess. I was so surprised I got the guy to recheck the figures.

This assumes I’m doing the “extreme usage” thing where I only drive the car two days a month on average. I’m not sure how much this would go up if I went to the two days a week usage (the next level).

Plus one for Shannons. Just got a quote of $1350 plus $2000 excess. I was so surprised I got the guy to recheck the figures.

This assumes I’m doing the “extreme usage” thing where I only drive the car two days a month on average. I’m not sure how much this would go up if I went to the two days a week usage (the next level).
I have not used Shannons (yet). Do they work on average days per week / month / year? That is, in contrast to total KM/year? I consider I would be less than 5,000km/year (which is usually the lowest option for the major insurers)

Has anyone in OZ tried doing bulk insurance for a few cars? (e.g. Lumley)

Last edited:
As a former New Jersey resident, I can safely say you guys are all getting absolute steals... I was charged over 4K years ago on a $38K car... (probably 6K in todays dollars post COVID inflation)

Since cars are now landing / landing soon, has anyone got more recent updates on their insurance premiums and excess?

RAC (WA) was around $1900 p.a. with a $1250 (or might have been $1500) excess. Looking for other options to shop around

Car use will highly likely be < 5,000km per year (though, once it lands that 5,000km could go within a fortnight haha)

hoping to get mine soon anyone got insurance and a price i am with shannons but no loyalty

Last edited:
Hi @Scottmc, welcome to the forum!

I won't share the price I have as it is specific to my suburb risk profile, but shannon's was the most competitive quote for me.

Irrespective of insurance provider, I recommend you get the following policy features:
* Choice of repairer
* Glass/windscreen insurance (ideally zero excess)
* Agreed value.

Also remember to list any factory/dealer options (if any) so there's no dispute about these in case of a bingle.

Hi @Scottmc, welcome to the forum!

I won't share the price I have as it is specific to my suburb risk profile, but shannon's was the most competitive quote for me.

Irrespective of insurance provider, I recommend you get the following policy features:
* Choice of repairer
* Glass/windscreen insurance (ideally zero excess)
* Agreed value.

Also remember to list any factory/dealer options (if any) so there's no dispute about these in case of a bingle.
good advice

Anyone in Australia obtained quotes for comprehensive insurance yet - more so those expecting delivery of a First Ed. in the next couple of months? The Emira doesn't appear to be listed on insurer websites, but I am curious as to what premiums it will attract.

I havent called up shannons but the only online quote i was able to get was from Allianz. Agreed price of 220,000 with a $2300 excess, windscreen protection monthly cost of $550 no discount for annual payment

What was the annual premium. I recall Allianz being crazy over the top premium

$650/mnth but got RAC wa. $2500/yr inc windscreen and no claim bonus protection with roadside assist. Agreed @ $200k !!! Yay allowed Upto 10,000km travel

+1 Shannons -
Country NSW
Age 40 / clean driving record
2x weekly usage
Premium 1800, excess 1950 (with discount from 4 cars on the policy)
Includes Windscreen + rental cover

Anyone in Australia obtained quotes for comprehensive insurance yet - more so those expecting delivery of a First Ed. in the next couple of months?

The Emira doesn't appear to be listed on insurer websites, but I am curious as to what premiums it will attract.
New Zealand $NZ2400 £1200