Interior Ceramic coating tips

seriously

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just finished up ceramic coating my interior and wanted to share a few tips with the community.

1. Really easy to do yourself. No need to pay someone to do this for several hundred dollars. Best to watch a YouTube video to know what to expect.

2. I found the black parts much harder to blend evenly to avoid streaks. It’s very minor but in hindsight I would skip the black leather and focus on the touchponts such as seats, armrests and steering wheel.

3. Those touchpoints (seats, armrests, steering wheel) are very easy to do and dry with no streaking at all. Exception might be if you have the black interior. Mine is tan. I also did my wife’s car which has a white interior and same results, easy to apply and no streaks.

4. For best results don’t be too stingy with the sauce. Make sure the applicator is wet and just apply it in even strokes.

5. It’s hard to mess up because you can always reapply it if you don’t like how it looks. This is actually what I did. I had an installer include interior ceramic coating for free and I didn’t like how it came out. I redid it and it’s perfect now.

6. I used painters tape to tape up the bits I didn’t want coating on like the air vents. You don’t have to do this but I’m… particular.

7. If you decide to apply to black leather I would apply somewhat generously and use a separate microfiber cloth to wipe it down after you apply it. It helps to smooth out the coating. This is not necessary on brightly colored leather where the product just dries with no streaking. This is a more similar technique to how you apply ceramic coat to your paint. You apply, then wipe. After you’re done you throw away the microfiber cloth. It will be useless with ceramic coating on it.

8. Use gloves! This stuff is probably toxic. Has all sorts of warning labels on it.

9. I used gyeon leather shield and really like the product.

It’s completely invisible and drys matte. There is a slight slickness to the surface after but nothing big.

Going forward all you need to do is wipe down the leather with a damp cloth and you are back to basically new. I highly recommend it for new cars. My wife’s car looks great after nearly 20k miles.

Let me know if you have any questions!

I also like Gyeon Leather Shield and their Fabric Coat is amazing too. And yes, always wear gloves with this stuff!👍🏼

I just finished up ceramic coating my interior and wanted to share a few tips with the community.

1. Really easy to do yourself. No need to pay someone to do this for several hundred dollars. Best to watch a YouTube video to know what to expect.

2. I found the black parts much harder to blend evenly to avoid streaks. It’s very minor but in hindsight I would skip the black leather and focus on the touchponts such as seats, armrests and steering wheel.

3. Those touchpoints (seats, armrests, steering wheel) are very easy to do and dry with no streaking at all. Exception might be if you have the black interior. Mine is tan. I also did my wife’s car which has a white interior and same results, easy to apply and no streaks.

4. For best results don’t be too stingy with the sauce. Make sure the applicator is wet and just apply it in even strokes.

5. It’s hard to mess up because you can always reapply it if you don’t like how it looks. This is actually what I did. I had an installer include interior ceramic coating for free and I didn’t like how it came out. I redid it and it’s perfect now.

6. I used painters tape to tape up the bits I didn’t want coating on like the air vents. You don’t have to do this but I’m… particular.

7. If you decide to apply to black leather I would apply somewhat generously and use a separate microfiber cloth to wipe it down after you apply it. It helps to smooth out the coating. This is not necessary on brightly colored leather where the product just dries with no streaking. This is a more similar technique to how you apply ceramic coat to your paint. You apply, then wipe. After you’re done you throw away the microfiber cloth. It will be useless with ceramic coating on it.

8. Use gloves! This stuff is probably toxic. Has all sorts of warning labels on it.

9. I used gyeon leather shield and really like the product.

It’s completely invisible and drys matte. There is a slight slickness to the surface after but nothing big.

Going forward all you need to do is wipe down the leather with a damp cloth and you are back to basically new. I highly recommend it for new cars. My wife’s car looks great after nearly 20k miles.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for the great tip. I also have the tan interior so it seems like a good investment in time and $. By the way, I found the Gyeon leather shield on Amazon in 50ml size. Was that enough for a full application on the Emira?

Yes. That’s enough for 2-3 applications. Maybe 4. Overall not very expensive for what it offers.

I do myself the coating interior even door interior panels and carpets , and one year half later, I only cleaned the car wiping spraying water and Microfiber towels , smells like new and is better than new from the dealer

I do myself the coating interior even door interior panels and carpets , and one year half later, I only cleaned the car wiping spraying water and Microfiber towels , smells like new and is better than new from the dealer
Carpets? Tell me more.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back