Is the Boot opening a design problem

Maybe all thouse people that have owned Lotus Cars , in the passed , put up ith these "Fectures " but if this Car is to appeal to a wider Public , they need to address these issues ,

Its just a joke !
It would be better if it didn't but there are a lot of other Sports / Supercars that have "issues" that they Get away with because the overall car is so good.

The heat from the engine transferring through into the boot will soon dry any water that spills there. And also cook any shopping you've put there. This is possibly a more important practicality concern, as it affects everything you put in the boot and every time you use it.

The one thing that surprised me with the Emira design was that there was no boot in the front bonnet area, like so many other cars have 🤷
As to this boot being a problem, not really, it just needs thinking about before you open it, I suspect I'd keep a cloth in the car to wipe excess water off before opening. Simple quick and easy solution.

I think it has to do with the vented hood design they went with. The hood is concave and splits the hot air from the angled radiator into the two side vents. Looking at the picture there is just isn't any space left at all.

And using a double wishbone suspension setup takes up a lot of inboard space.

nimbus-tan.png

The heat from the engine transferring through into the boot will soon dry any water that spills there. And also cook any shopping you've put there. This is possibly a more important practicality concern, as it affects everything you put in the boot and every time you use it.
It appears almost all of the mid engine cars being produced share this issue. The Alfa 4C and the Corvette, to name two.
Keep the brie in the glove compartment.

Ifs its a Heat Problem , is the exhaust Manifold Wrapped or Ceramic Coated ?
There are many other ways of sorting out heat issues 👍

I can only imagine how hot the boot space will get with the turbo sitting right there nearly against it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Max
Well done versus medium rare for those steaks you were taking home 🔥😉

I can only imagine how hot the boot space will get with the turbo sitting right there nearly again it!
I have a turbo blanket on my car to keep the heat in. No doubt the aftermarket will step in here, too. They actually work. They're cool to the touch even after running the engine hard in summer heat.

Man, I'm just planning to throw two of these in the boot and be done with it.
Amazon product

Show the car in person yesterday, and was glad to see that the boot closes easily - as in any other car. On YouTube videos it didn’t close 😄

Haven’t tried to drive it on a rainy day yet.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back