Is your colour choice based on something?

Like this
79D7B9A4-4843-4B46-B57E-746E01DBF0DB.jpeg
8C1CE750-CCF2-4D0B-91C3-14056C4597A7.png

My colour choice was that I like red cars and think they look sporty, especially with the black roof and yellow brake calipers!

But having 2 red cars on the drive might clash (Emira and GT86)... Wrap the 86? :p

Dark colours felt like playing it too safe to me (serial dark-colour Audi owner here, currently Daytona grey :shame: )

I'm 96% sure I'm going to lock in Seneca, because I wanted something "fun" (read: midlife crisis), but am not totally sure I could handle what comes with a real "look at me" colour (which I think Hethel definitely is).

That said, the other 4% repeatedly alternates between whispering "Nimbus looks pretty classy" and "stop being a wimp and go custom bright green" :)

My RS5 was Daytona Grey, my RS7 was Daytona Grey, and I wear grey clothing a lot. So, I am thinking of going with red to make things more exciting. I sometimes think of a collection of fun cars as a bag of M&M candies. It's more exciting to have a handful of green, blue, yellow, and red than just a handful of black or brown. The red will look like a fun piece of candy in my 3rd stall next to my silvery-green F350. Plus, my wife has a dark blue Tesla, which ruled out me getting Seneca :LOL:

My RS5 was Daytona Grey, my RS7 was Daytona Grey, and I wear grey clothing a lot. So, I am thinking of going with red to make things more exciting. I sometimes think of a collection of fun cars as a bag of M&M candies. It's more exciting to have a handful of green, blue, yellow, and red than just a handful of black or brown. The red will look like a fun piece of candy in my 3rd stall next to my silvery-green F350. Plus, my wife has a dark blue Tesla, which ruled out me getting Seneca :LOL:
Colors are important and you reminded me of that. I had an Estoril Blue S7 and a Daytona Grey. Have to say the Daytona color was much more satisfying to me!

Now we've stepped into 'Psychology of Color' territory. Are you a Spring, Summer or Fall persona? Color me blue and Grey. Last 4 cars were Grey or silver including Titanium Grey Esprit.
I’ve always tended towards car colours that are predominantly neutral - grays, silvers, etc although i did have a lovely blue R32 once.

However, since I (and interestingly also my other half) are trending towards the Magma Red with black pack I’ve been trying to analyse why. My conclusion is that somewhere in my psyche there’s a teenage boy still ogling the bright red Countach wall poster and the 308 that Magnum PI drove back in the 80’s.

My wife has also ‘diagnosed’ me as a ‘warm autumn’ colour preference (or ‘warm fall‘ for our transatlantic friends) plus the Emira will be our first proper sport car and we feel the need to shout (just a little) with the colour so I guess the Magma is a no brainier :unsure:.

My first car was a V6 manual transmission, and it was bright red. Maybe I am reliving my fun, teenage years? Haha

Have a red sports car already so leaning strongly towards Seneca. The launch spec looks spot on to me, right down to the yellow contrast stitching.

I do wish Lotus would share pictures or videos of the colours and interiors. It takes nothing from them and would help us a ton.

Nothing sad about searching for yellow things, I've been deliberately picking it out for this idea, to put something on the wall of my Emira garage. Wife thinks I'm mad!

View attachment 2833
There’s actually an episode of wheeler dealers this season in which they assemble at the end of the show (dedicated to a yellow VW cabriolet) a mass of different cars all in yellow. There are many models you might not think of in yellow, but they all look amazing. The premise of the show is that yellow makes you happy. It does. So I hope you enjoy the heck out of your yellow Emiras.

I have always been a fan of Italian roadsters, but funny thing is I’ve never really owned one , with the exception of an Alfa Romeo spider veloce in a dark red metallic that I always thought of as having too much brown. I guess I could also throw in a couple of black fiat spiders with red interiors, and two Bertone X1/9s which I still own and love, but all these cars are under powered and lack the grunt of the exotic I pine for. I remember vividly the day I saw the debut of the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizone. The color of that car, a deep red metallic whose curvaceous lines showed bright in all the right places and a depth of red in low lighting that oozed class. Looking at it just makes you ache. The artistry of some automotive designers is right up there with the best sculptors….Michelangelo, Rodin, Bernini, etc. their work can be so evocative. For me, the Evija exterior meets that standard. I’ve imagined it in that same color as the 8C. Its shape and design language combined with that sumptuous color would be stunning. But an Evija will be forever out of my reach. Then along comes Emira, giving me the opportunity to live out that fantasy. I simply had to have it. I can’t wait to be able not only to look upon that dream car and admire it, like one looks upon a great master’s work, but to climb inside the car to be enveloped by that dream. So for me , since seeing the new configurator, it’s Magma red, no black pack, silver wheels. Oh man, I can’t wait!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back