๐Ÿ““ Journals JohnHoward's Journal

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Mysterious moving seat solved.

Seat operation with door closed - press and hold button to move seat (seat stops moving as soon as you release button)
Seat operation with door open - press and release button to move seat (seat moves until desired setting reached). Note to self: keep fingers clear in this mode!

The memory seat setting also saves the door mirror position.

The answer is also in the manual (page 137), I need to read it again! You don't get a hard copy with the car, you just get the infotainment and service book.

I forgot to mention that in Track mode and set to manual (by moving the gear selector left or right), the gearbox will intervene automatically as you are slowing down to stop you labouring the engine in a high gear at low speed. There is no intervention otherwise.

I am about 400 miles in to my running in now. I can't even begin to imagine what this car is going to sound like once it is run in and I have got another 2K+ revs to go at! Remembering my Evora 410 Sport auto, more revs = better sound, I think this will be the same and it already sounds epic!

Parked up at a very quiet Alton Towers earlier today, sorting out my season tickets. You can do it online, but why would you when you have running in miles to do! It is a very nice 21 mile journey, country roads all the way!

180423.jpg

Mysterious moving seat solved.

Seat operation with door closed - press and hold button to move seat (seat stops moving as soon as you release button)
In my case, with door closed, Memory 1 is like you say, need to press and hold till you reach the preset position.
But, Memory 2, even with door closed, just one touch makes it go all the way to the preset 2 position. I will try again tomorrow.
Seat operation with door open - press and release button to move seat (seat moves until desired setting reached). Note to self: keep fingers clear in this mode!
confirmed in mine too
The memory seat setting also saves the door mirror position.

The answer is also in the manual (page 137), I need to read it again! You don't get a hard copy with the car, you just get the infotainment and service book.

I forgot to mention that in Track mode and set to manual (by moving the gear selector left or right), the gearbox will intervene automatically as you are slowing down to stop you labouring the engine in a high gear at low speed. There is no intervention otherwise.

I am about 400 miles in to my running in now. I can't even begin to imagine what this car is going to sound like once it is run in and I have got another 2K+ revs to go at! Remembering my Evora 410 Sport auto, more revs = better sound, I think this will be the same and it already sounds epic!

Parked up at a very quiet Alton Towers earlier today, sorting out my season tickets. You can do it online, but why would you when you have running in miles to do! It is a very nice 21 mile journey, country roads all the way!

View attachment 25327

I'm over halfway with running in now, not bad going in a week! Then I realised that if I continue at this rate, I will need a new set of tyres before the first service is due! Not much to report as the weather has been rubbish again this weekend.

I have had notification for the auto hold service due pop up twice, but it goes after restarting the car. The first time is happened, it was very damp with a heavy mist and the car had been parked outside overnight, the second time it happened was after I had washed the car and gave the wheels an extra good clean. I am wondering if it may just be an environmental issue with a sensor perhaps when a component is soaking wet?

I have also noticed something else when I am parking the car on my drive. I have to swing out into the road and reverse back and the drive is on a slope. I do this very carefully because of the change from road surface to pavement and then driveway which is all uneven and I am mindful not to catch the bottom of the car. During this manoevure, the car creaks like an old boat that has been out at sea too long! I never noticed this on my Evora. I certainly don't notice any issues when driving, it is just at super low speed i.e. 1-2 mph whilst turning the steering wheel. I just wonder what all the creaking is. Any ideas?

I have been very careful to keep to the 4K rev limit, but yesterday I accidentally hit 4.75K and the sound was awesome! It gave me a sneak peak of what is waiting for me in just under 500 miles time!

I am convinced that the way to drive the auto is on the paddles in manual mode (move gear selector to left or right to engage permanent manual mode) and of course the only driving mode that should be used on regular roads is Track. Unless you have got some motorway miles to do when full auto and Tour is ideal and you can relax and enjoy the journey.

My first 500 miles has returned 21 MPG, a full tank of fuel gives a range of 285 miles.

Back