✅ Solved Key fob battery replacement

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi there, anyone replaced the battery of the key fob already? If yes please advice.. I’ve pulled it apart but no battery to be seen :) just the print plate with the buttons on it. Thanks

Solution
Sounds like you may have pulled the wrong side off the key.

Such a shame this stuff isn’t covered in the Owner’s Hand Book 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 13.35.09.png
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 13.35.15.png
I've had my Emira just over a year, I don't daily drive it but yesterday I noticed I had to really press the fob to unlock and lock the car and today it seemed to have died! 2nd key works fine so battery must be dead already!

I just tried this, and it’s annoyingly and unnecessarily difficult. The manual advises using a fingernail, but your nail will come off before the cover will.

Ultimately I was able to use a guitar pick. Well, two picks. One was small enough to pry the edge up, and then I wedged a thicker one into the gap to pry it off. There are four plastic retaining clips: one at the wide end by the lotus logo, two on the skinny end, and one in the middle.

Two quick tips I have for anybody messing with the key:

1. The easiest way I’ve found to get to the emergency key is to open the trap door per the manual, turn the key upside down, and give it a tap with your finger. Should drop out easily. I have no idea how you’re expected to pull it out with your fingernail as the manual instructs.

2. If you have a misadventure, break a clip, and try to superglue it back, isopropyl on a magic eraser will remove superglue residue without damaging the piano black plastic. Though to be honest I wouldn’t bother as the clips are unnecessarily strong and having fewer may be a benefit for future battery changes.