• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Loose Side Air Scoop

oneflyguy325

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just got my car back from a local detailer whom I hired to do full car PPF (paint protection film) for me. They informed me that my passenger side air scoop was loose, and showed me that it can be picked up slightly, out of the recessed area.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea if it's easy to re-secure it back in place?
I'm not too worried about it popping out, since it's sitting in the recessed area, and air will only keep it in place. However, the thought of one side being nice and snug vs. the other side being all loosey goosey annoys me :cautious:

I just got my car back from a local detailer whom I hired to do full car PPF (paint protection film) for me. They informed me that my passenger side air scoop was loose, and showed me that it can be picked up slightly, out of the recessed area.
Aren't they supposed to be secured from the inside with screws ? The service manual only shows the left side (driver side) air duct, but I would assume a similar design on the right side (LHD passenger side).

1723537311810.png

Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea if it's easy to re-secure it back in place?
I'm not too worried about it popping out, since it's sitting in the recessed area, and air will only keep it in place. However, the thought of one side being nice and snug vs. the other side being all loosey goosey annoys me :cautious:
Did the PPF installers remove this piece to install the PPF? My PPF installer removed some trim which ended up a bit loose. When I asked the Lotus dealer, they told me they don't remove those pieces for PPF installation, and the vendor shouldn't have tried to tuck in the PPF like that.

They may ha
Did the PPF installers remove this piece to install the PPF? My PPF installer removed some trim which ended up a bit loose. When I asked the Lotus dealer, they told me they don't remove those pieces for PPF installation, and the vendor shouldn't have tried to tuck in the PPF like that.
They may have tried to remove the side scoop, but unfortunately I cannot prove one way or another.