• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

LOTUS EMIRA ─ ECU Tuning options

Livinglegend

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry it is in french ; but it is my workshop working on the Emira ; with the Jubu Kit460 and a set of KW V5 Clubsport, the sound becomes fantastic.
Salut cool video

Combien d'heures de travail prends cet upgrade? Et est ce que le rev limiter est repousse ou reste encore a 6800rpms?

How many man hours does this installation require? And is the rev limiter pushed passed 6800rpms or stays the same?

Hapkin

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone jumped for Syvecs? The 60 lb ft increase in torque is very appealing (310-369 I think) as well as the option of 7200 rpm and less the 400-440.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It appears that Lotus ECUs (including Evora through 2021, so Emira should also work) are supported by the bFlash platform. Therefore any tuner with a full bFlash suite should be able to access and tune the vehicle via reflash. It's unclear whether the stock maps would be accessible, or if new fuel and timing maps would need to be developed from scratch.

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus ECUs (including every variant of the Evora) are also supported by the Alientech tuning platform, including both their flagship KESS3 and the mobile-device integrated remote flashing platform called Powergate. Their map editing platform is called Titanium.

For those in the United States, the local distributor Alientech USA is the primary source for these products.

This (like bFlash above) is an expensive set of tools designed for professional tuners. But this gives interested Emira owners a set of questions to ask a tuner if you identify one that you're considering working with. If they have bFlash or Alientech KESS available to them, you can be more confident that they have the ability to execute.

Last edited:

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus Cars UK's marketing document on the Lotus T6 ECU manufactured by EFI Technology S.r.l of Italy. This unit is commonly referred to as the EFI T6 and uses the NXP MPC5534 processor.

1715739181727.png

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This document will be helpful for anyone who decides to delve into hardware-based digital access to the EFI T6 ECM, including diagram for soldering in a JTAG interface for direct access.

Alientech also makes a pin block system for KESS3 to achieve something similar.

Attachments

• efi_t6_mpc5534_lotus.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
OP
finny76

finny76

EMIRAAA
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This document will be helpful for anyone who decides to delve into hardware-based digital access to the EFI T6 ECM, including diagram for soldering in a JTAG interface for direct access.

This is some solid info!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

This is when you know you should seek counselling for your modification addiction - when you start soldering JTAG connectors onto shit so you can reprogram it :D

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is when you know you should seek counselling for your modification addiction - when you start soldering JTAG connectors onto shit so you can reprogram it :D

Hey you gotta plug in somehow! Besides, if it works, it works... if you can set up a Raspberry Pi you can do this sort of thing to an ECU. 😃

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Calibrated Performance out of Australia haven't released any info on an Emira product yet, but they do a full MoTeC standalone plug-in replacement for the Evora, so I suspect the Emira will be on their radar shortly. This will be an excellent full-replacement option as an alternative to the Syvecs.

08fordgt

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into tuning for the i4 Emira? I know weistec and est performance does tunes for the m139 and there are multiple piggyback tuners for it.

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone looked into tuning for the i4 Emira? I know weistec and est performance does tunes for the m139 and there are multiple piggyback tuners for it.
EST is interested in tuning the Emira 2.0, but they need someone to bring the car to them locally

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Beside Racechip, May I ask what other piggybacks are available for the M139?

08fordgt

Reaction score
Masata, chipbox, and others that were more expensive but i deleted them from my list. I'm used to running a jb4 on my other car but they won't make one for the m139 bc one of the boost reference sensors you would have to go from under the engine to get to. It's in the engine side of the inter/aftercooler.

675430VME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Masata, chipbox, and others that were more expensive but i deleted them from my list. I'm used to running a jb4 on my other car but they won't make one for the m139 bc one of the boost reference sensors you would have to go from under the engine to get to. It's in the engine side of the inter/aftercooler.
I asked JB4 and Cobb, and neither of them are interested. Thanks for the info bro, will check them out and see if any of them will also provide obd data

08fordgt

Reaction score
Only thing that I think would be a hurtle is the temp sensor over the turbo that lotus added. There have been stock cars that I believe went into limp mode due to the turbo temp being too high. If a piggy back doesn't address this the fun would be over real quick.