• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Appreciation Thread

Blackthought_

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
A lot of times we log onto car forums and complain and complain about the things that are going wrong with our Emiras. But what about the awesomeness that the Emira brings to your face when you drive it? Tell us about what makes it great! I’m closing in on 7k in a few months of ownership and still fun as hell!

Will have to let you know when it arrives - 797 days and counting...but I have a VIN number, so I guess thats something.

I genuinely believe the Emira is one of this era's most beautiful cars.

I've had mine for almost 1.5 years and still look back every time I leave it in the garage or a car park. I often can't resist taking a photo too!

IMG_8482.JPG

I’m loving mine! Sometimes I think it’s silly to spend what I did on a car. Then I drive my Emira, and any doubt disappears!

I’m loving mine! Sometimes I think it’s silly to spend what I did on a car. Then I drive my Emira, and any doubt disappears!
Haha that’s how I feel too. You’re like damn you made how much for a car? Then you drive it and are like “totally worth it” haha

The Emira is one of the greatest cars of all time.

The blend of styling, dynamics, engagement and comfort are world class…. Few cars in the history of the automobile have ever reached these heights.

3900 miles and nothing but smiles so far for me. Love rowing through the gears on a Sunday morning! Really enjoy the old school analog driving experience mixed with the beautiful modern design. Lots of kids seem to enjoy it too based off all the dropped jaws I see from the passenger seat of nearby SUV's in traffic ha.

Don't mind the sticker residue on my sun visors, replacements are on the way.

The Emira is one of the greatest cars of all time.

The blend of styling, dynamics, engagement and comfort are world class…. Few cars in the history of the automobile have ever reached these heights.
Driving engagement. Personal satisfaction. Also don't mind the attention the Emira gets from those 'in the know' as well as general public spotting me at coffee cafes. 1800 trouble-free miles of smiles.
20240921_091350.jpg

Went to Lowe’s today to buy some wood and found my exact spec 👌. $5 well spent
IMG_3420.jpeg

I like to be glass half full in life so this is a great thread. If considering a new car no matter what you are looking at you can guarantee if you search for issues on a forum there are tons of people moaning about them. 3600 miles now and a great car to drive with the following good points:

1. Air con was rubbish but it has now been fixed.
2. Engine management lights came on a few times which shows they do work and thankfully none led to damage or breakdowns.
3. More than 100 blisters but now I'm told they are gone after a no hassle full fix, including paying for my PPF replacement.
4. Drainage issues on car doors has led to improved doors being fitted.
5. he lightweight wheels weren't actually that light. No problem I have bought lighter ones and will keep the OEM ones for Winter driving. So the solution meant better handling and OEM wheels kept for the Winter salty roads.
6. I didn't want the Touring spec but ended up buying one due to miles and availability. Nitron had just released their coil over options which ended up with me fitting fast road units, which are better than OEM for sure.
7. The exhaust was way too quiet but there are thankfully several high quality options to choose from.

So everything I didn't like has been fixed and so far I am happy with the dealer near me.

Been a lotus fan since childhood. As a teenage boy in the 1990s I wrote an article for the local auto magazine on Lotus' heritage and philosophy.

When the Emira was launched in 2021, I put down a deposit for an i4 within 1 hour of the launch. Got various gifts from Lotus over the coming months which was pretty cool.

Waited for 1.5 years before they told us the V6 would arrive instead and would cost $40K extra. Was bummed out so canceled my order.

Then just when I was about to pull the trigger on an AMG GTS, the i4 Emira became available, so I was back in.

Had lots of fun w/ the car after I got it. Also had some issues here and there, e.g., the AC stopped working, similar to Speedy's experience.

All in all, still wouldn't have done anything different.

I’ve always wanted an NSX but felt it was underpowered. The emira is everything I want in a sportscar. Mid engine, rear wheel, LSD, manual, hydraulic steering, very good power to weight ratio, solid brakes, wrapped in a beautiful design inside and out. It’s not bulletproof but build quality is good enough. In many respects especially the design it excels. It didn’t have to have functional aero, clear rear windscreen, huge diffuser, open mesh manual. It didn’t have to make a wonderful sound. It didn’t have to have Apple CarPlay. It has all of these and more. It’s a 90s/2000s era supercar with modern amenities. It is for me nearly perfect and I love every minute looking at it, cruising in it and running it hard in the canyons. Yes we b*tch about the ownership experience, but that almost feels 90s too.

It’s not an unobtainium flex car. I never wanted that. I very much appreciate this car for what it is.

B2CD0728-31BD-4E42-80D5-6C885525F9E1.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted an NSX but felt it was underpowered. The emira is everything I want in a sportscar. Mid engine, rear wheel, LSD, manual, hydraulic steering, very good power to weight ratio, solid brakes, wrapped in a beautiful design inside and out. It’s not bulletproof but build quality is good enough. In many respects especially the design it excels. It didn’t have to have functional aero, clear rear windscreen, huge diffuser, open mesh manual. It didn’t have to make a wonderful sound. It didn’t have to have Apple CarPlay. It has all of these and more. It’s a 90s/2000s era supercar with modern amenities. It is for me nearly perfect and I love every minute looking at it, cruising in it and running it hard in the canyons. Yes we b*tch about the ownership experience, but that almost feels 90s too.

It’s not an unobtainium flex car. I never wanted that. I very much appreciate this car for what it is.

View attachment 52058
Who can't love an Emira with supercar looks and a sportscar price tag.

Huh. I have a different reaction -- all you guys are just smiling? I often laugh out loud! ;)

No issues in 3200 miles. I've gotten used to it and it's loosened up nicely; especially the shifting now is much, much better.

I've settled on this: it drives like a very excited terrier, ripping around chasing a ball. And, while it looks like it's a 500k car, I've never had a bad reaction to it. Lovely thing, and I can't believe I get to have one.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back