• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus Emira Detailing Tips and Tricks

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was washing my Emira this morning and came up with a helpful solution for cleaning bugs out of the corners of the mesh on the front bumper. I had a cheap panel popper tool kit with the perfect little plastic tool for the job. The flat tool with tapered and rounded ends allowed me to get right into the tight edges of the mesh to scrap out all the bugs and debris. The plastic is hard enough for the job but not too hard or sharp to damage the paint or wire mesh.

Here's a link to the panel/trim removal kit: https://a.co/d/2Imtosw

I was washing my Emira this morning and came up with a helpful solution for cleaning bugs out of the corners of the mesh on the front bumper. I had a cheap panel popper tool kit with the perfect little plastic tool for the job. The flat tool with tapered and rounded ends allowed me to get right into the tight edges of the mesh to scrap out all the bugs and debris. The plastic is hard enough for the job but not too hard or sharp to damage the paint or wire mesh.

Good suggestion, particularly to release debris that get stuck in creases. Beforehand, however, if you have a good leaf blower, it helps to blow out all the looser stuff which is how I've gotten rid of debris it in hard to reach areas including the engine bay before washing.

Damn you get some big ass hard looking insects over there. The most we have to content with is small flies that come straight off with a low pressure jet wash.

Damn you get some big ass hard looking insects over there. The most we have to content with is small flies that come straight off with a low pressure jet wash.
We have some monster grasshoppers out here, and they love filling up the mesh in the front bumper! I start removing all the bugs I can get to with a shop vac, then I use the panel tool to scrap them out of the creases and cracks, and then I can use a power washer to get anything else left behind.

IMG_0813.jpeg

I use a paintbrush, works so far on the small UK bugs in the corners and grill.

Back