Lotus Evija Fastest Production Car around the Ring

Impressive and also curious that this news breaks at the same time as Mike Johnstone announces resignation. Nonetheless, an impressive ring time and record breaking for a production vehicle. Looks like they think it can do a little more as well. This is a good piece of advertising for Lotus and a step in the right direction of playing with the big boys at Porsche.

Wow! I remember a time when sub 8 mins was considered fast!

Saw that. Pretty big shame, Not sure who's at fault here, looooots more tire smoke at the start than I'd expect for someone trying to put down a good time. I suspect they were trying to make it into the shootout.

The Evija is such a strange car, lots of stunts and marketing... none delivered?

Article on the Goodwood website on what happened. Only damage was to one body panel and the car could have run again if it wasn't for post incident protocols requiring a full check over of the car.

Article on the Goodwood website on what happened. Only damage was to one body panel and the car could have run again if it wasn't for post incident protocols requiring a full check over of the car.

Well that’s embarrassing.