• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus vs other brands on the Douchey-Cool scale

EmirOfDenmark

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had some fun with ChatGPT - do you agree? :)
Sports Car Brands on the Cool-to-Douchey Scale (With Lotus).png

Here’s a summary of the reasoning behind the ratings for each brand, from top to bottom:

| **Brand** | **Score** | **Reasoning** |
|-----------------------|-----------|---------------|
| **Porsche** | 9 | Ultimate driver's car, known for impeccable engineering and understated design. Cool without trying too hard. |
| **McLaren** | 8 | High-tech, sleek, and performance-driven. Often seen as a purist's choice, but still quite flashy. |
| **Lotus** | 8 | Lightweight, driver-focused, and less about showing off. A favorite among enthusiasts for its pure driving experience. |
| **Nissan (GT-R)** | 7 | Performance powerhouse at a more accessible price. Loved by gearheads, not much flash. |
| **Aston Martin** | 7 | Classy, elegant, with a James Bond association. More refined than most, but still a luxury brand. |
| **Ferrari** | 6 | High performance and passion, but also associated with wealth and exclusivity. Stylish yet a bit status-driven. |
| **Audi (R8)** | 6 | Less flamboyant than Lamborghini, but still high-performance and luxurious. Balances performance with a bit of flash. |
| **Mercedes-AMG** | 6 | Powerful and luxurious, though sometimes leaning toward being a "look-at-me" brand. Solid performance. |
| **Jaguar (F-Type)** | 6 | Stylish and sophisticated, but lacks the same performance pedigree as Ferrari or McLaren. Still cool and elegant. |
| **Chevrolet (Corvette)** | 5 | An American icon, but sometimes seen as a mid-life crisis car. Newer models boost its cool factor, though. |
| **Tesla (Roadster)** | 5 | Innovative and high-tech, but associated with a tech-bro image. Performance-focused but with some elitism. |
| **BMW (M Series)** | 5 | Great performance and driving experience, but BMW drivers sometimes have a reputation for being aggressive. |
| **Ford (Mustang)** | 4 | Classic muscle car, but often associated with brash or reckless driving. Strong enthusiast base, though. |
| **Dodge (Viper)** | 3 | Raw, aggressive power but lacking refinement. Often seen as a brutish, in-your-face performance car. |
| **Lamborghini** | 2 | Bold, loud, and undeniably flashy. While the cars are amazing, they often carry a "look-at-me" vibe. |

Don't hate me, hate ChatGPT :)

I think that if AI knew more, it would give different charts for different regions. A Viper is such a fairly rare sight in the Northeast, so I think that in this area it scores higher as "that guy/girl really knew what they wanted".

Disclaimer: don't know any Viper owners, never even been in one. Just an example.

Also, which brand on this list is #1 most likely to be bought by a non-enthusiast wanting an easy-to-drive-but-appears serious sports car? (hint: P_____).

Does that lower the score, or not matter? 😁
Yeah I’m putting Porsche lower on that list as well as GTRs- they always have crazy fire breathing exhausts. I think vipers are much higher. Corvettes are the easy cars to buy. The viper is a serious thing.

We are in Stealth Mode.
Exactly...

A modern lotus is so unknown, pretty much every interaction with one of us will be the new "personality of lotus/Emira owners"

so be nice to ppl when they see you everyone lol.

or just wear batman mask and stay mysterious ....

Had some fun with ChatGPT - do you agree? :)
View attachment 51038
Here’s a summary of the reasoning behind the ratings for each brand, from top to bottom:

| **Brand** | **Score** | **Reasoning** |
|-----------------------|-----------|---------------|
| **Porsche** | 9 | Ultimate driver's car, known for impeccable engineering and understated design. Cool without trying too hard. |
| **McLaren** | 8 | High-tech, sleek, and performance-driven. Often seen as a purist's choice, but still quite flashy. |
| **Lotus** | 8 | Lightweight, driver-focused, and less about showing off. A favorite among enthusiasts for its pure driving experience. |
| **Nissan (GT-R)** | 7 | Performance powerhouse at a more accessible price. Loved by gearheads, not much flash. |
| **Aston Martin** | 7 | Classy, elegant, with a James Bond association. More refined than most, but still a luxury brand. |
| **Ferrari** | 6 | High performance and passion, but also associated with wealth and exclusivity. Stylish yet a bit status-driven. |
| **Audi (R8)** | 6 | Less flamboyant than Lamborghini, but still high-performance and luxurious. Balances performance with a bit of flash. |
| **Mercedes-AMG** | 6 | Powerful and luxurious, though sometimes leaning toward being a "look-at-me" brand. Solid performance. |
| **Jaguar (F-Type)** | 6 | Stylish and sophisticated, but lacks the same performance pedigree as Ferrari or McLaren. Still cool and elegant. |
| **Chevrolet (Corvette)** | 5 | An American icon, but sometimes seen as a mid-life crisis car. Newer models boost its cool factor, though. |
| **Tesla (Roadster)** | 5 | Innovative and high-tech, but associated with a tech-bro image. Performance-focused but with some elitism. |
| **BMW (M Series)** | 5 | Great performance and driving experience, but BMW drivers sometimes have a reputation for being aggressive. |
| **Ford (Mustang)** | 4 | Classic muscle car, but often associated with brash or reckless driving. Strong enthusiast base, though. |
| **Dodge (Viper)** | 3 | Raw, aggressive power but lacking refinement. Often seen as a brutish, in-your-face performance car. |
| **Lamborghini** | 2 | Bold, loud, and undeniably flashy. While the cars are amazing, they often carry a "look-at-me" vibe. |

Don't hate me, hate ChatGPT :)
You need to move Porsche WAAAAAYYY down the list. The number 1 way to tell if someone is an asshole is if they’re driving a Porsche.

Unfortunately Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari & Lamborghini buyers/owners don’t care what the scale says.

New Lotus is not considered light anymore the Emira is heavier compared to the out going versions & the EV’s are super heavy. The McLaren 720S with 100% fluids and fuel is around 3100 pounds with over 700+ HP now that sounds fun, but at a high price.

I think those sorts of rankings/personality charts fall apart completely among real-deal car enthusiasts.

For example, I’d have no problem owning, driving, or being seen in a Ford Fiesta ST, because the car represents a fantastic compact sports sedan with unique engineering. The same way I can respect the Corvette for what it delivers for its price point. I guess since I don’t buy cars based on what others reception of a given brand is, I don’t think of any given car as inherently douchey per se.

You need to move Porsche WAAAAAYYY down the list. The number 1 way to tell if someone is an asshole is if they’re driving a Porsche.
Nobody in a 911 gets a thumbs up from anyone. It gets worse from there (Panamera, Tacan). Unless it's a GT3/4RS.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

Any exclusive high end car is going to attract its share of d-bags, and there are PLENTY of those driving around in a Porsche and McLaren.

Edit: I just want to declare that me getting cutoff by an @sswipe in a Macan this morning did not affect my judgement.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

Any exclusive high end car is going to attract its share of d-bags, and there are PLENTY of those driving around in a Porsche and McLaren.

Edit: I just want to declare that me getting cutoff by an @sswipe in a Macan this morning did not affect my judgement.
This is not to be taken too seriously, eh? Just some fun banter. So, yeah, I also *COMPLETELY* agree there should be a special douche category for Macans.

*COMPLETELY* disagree.

I agree the douchebaggery comes from the driver, not the car. So, I have mixed feelings regarding the Corvette. Definitely not the car for me, except maybe a C5, which is a decent track car. Jorts and white leather New Balances aside, the drivers are a pretty harmless bunch. They stick to themselves at car shows and, while I rarely encounter one going over the speed limit, they mostly stay in the right lane and let you pass. This is more than I can say for most of the marques in the list! lol