Low tire pressure light ON all the time

Jjrho

Reaction score
Hi, my tire pressure readings are correct.... 31,35 ... but it's shows as low on the dash... but car computer says it's fine...

What gives? It did that n went off the first time.... this time, it's not going away.... how is this fixed ?

James R
1st Ed hethel yellow

Same here! It says my right rear tire is low but it’s not, they’re all the same at around 31

Same here! It says my right rear tire is low but it’s not, they’re all the same at around 31
COLD the tire pressures are supposed to be 29 front and 32 rear. If they're correct cold, there's a couple things you can do. One, add a couple of pounds to the tires and drive it around for 30 minutes or so. If the pressure warning light goes off, then lower them back to where they're supposed to be and that should fix it. If that doesn't work, try going to a tire store and ask them to reset the TPMS units. They have a magnet device that can do that. If THAT doesn't work, then you may have one or more defective TPMS units. That should be covered under warranty.

Is there a way to set what pressure the light goes off? I think there is as mine warning comes on under 25 psi

Is there a way to set what pressure the light goes off? I think there is as mine warning comes on under 25 psi
Yeah there should be a programming system. I don't know what brand TPMS Lotus uses though.

Ok....I have a tpms programmer..will try.... it's annoying cause the car says that "all pressure normal " yet the orange dash light is ON.... if the tpms units are bad, it wouldn't send pressure reading so. ..it's something to do with the lotus ecu itself.... my car supposedly had the latest software from Jan '24 installed but..... ?!??

My TPS light just threw up a fault today as well during casual driving. Screen says tire pressures are 41 in the back. I know that's not true because yesterday they were 32.

I filled it up and it went away. Then I let some air out again and drove about 30 miles and the light came back on. I think there’s something funky with just that sensor because it shows nothing now. I have to fill some air in the front passenger tire later.
IMG_4681.jpeg

Oh boy... did read elsewhere that some one's tpms was at fault....

I just want my yellow dash light to go off.... especially when the pressure is all normal as per the car on other screen....

British car electrical gremlins are alive n well. Still to this date. Smh.

Yeah known issue. I had as well. Actually its the TPMS light, which usually means low tire pressure.

It's a fault of the TPMS (sensor) and water getting in.

I had it like that for a month then happened to bring in for something else. They found issue and replaced the 1 monitor.

Here is link to original thread.

If it's bad tpms, how is it that I have all pressures reading showing ??

The ecu tied to the tpms is sending the yellow low pressure light to v the dash board so....

If it's bad tpms, how is it that I have all pressures reading showing ??

The ecu tied to the tpms is sending the yellow low pressure light to v the dash board so....
Here's an example of readings showing but the numbers don't match a manual tire pressure reading in the low 30s...

Whatever the cause, the readings displayed on the dash are inaccurate.

Attachments

• 20240609_174510.jpg
    20240609_174510.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 8
I see.... I ll remeasure mine manually too..... I thought they correlated before but....

Smh.... such simple thing they can't get right.... none of my other cars w tpms have this kinda issues ... 😕

Subject: Update on TPMs Issue

I wanted to provide an update on the TPMs issue I experienced with my vehicle.

The TPMs light came on when my car had only 160 miles on it. After contacting my dealership and adjusting the tire pressure several times without success, I decided to visit the dealership. We agreed that changing the sensors was the best course of action.

While waiting for two weeks for the new sensors, I continued to use the car. Interestingly, at around 720 miles, the light disappeared on its own. I suspect, like many other owners, that moisture was the underlying issue. Now that the summer temperatures have reached 80-90 degrees, the heat probably helped to eliminate the moisture.

Wow....ok.... think I ll try putting air in & try resetting the tpms light with my obd2 reader.... but also check the accuracy of each transmitter with an accurate manual pressure reader....

Wow....ok.... think I ll try putting air in & try resetting the tpms light with my obd2 reader.... but also check the accuracy of each transmitter with an accurate manual pressure reader....
Go for a long ride and leave the car outside at sunny day

How about take the tpms out n dry the tires too ?

Or just get new tpms ? They are quite cheap ..on the internet... not at lotus I'm sure