Main cat delete vs performance manifolds

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I understand on the JUBU 440hp power upgrade it shows the main cat delete as a +5-7hp option. Firstly does that mean it’s 5-7hp on top of the 440hp or included. Potentially there’s
10-15hp extra using the cat delete and the Eventuri intake. This could take it really close to the 460 upgrade.

What I’m trying to find out the following:

1. Is it better to get a JUBU 440 upgrade and run a cat delete and the Eventuri intake or stick to a 460 upgrade?

2. We know the Emira sounds great with any exhaust and the cat delete pipe. What would the sound be like going from a cat delete to a cat and performance headers and a sports main cat?

I understand on the JUBU 440hp power upgrade it shows the main cat delete as a +5-7hp option. Firstly does that mean it’s 5-7hp on top of the 440hp or included. Potentially there’s
10-15hp extra using the cat delete and the Eventuri intake. This could take it really close to the 460 upgrade.

What I’m trying to find out the following:

1. Is it better to get a JUBU 440 upgrade and run a cat delete and the Eventuri intake or stick to a 460 upgrade?

2. We know the Emira sounds great with any exhaust and the cat delete pipe. What would the sound be like going from a cat delete to a cat and performance headers and a sports main cat?
Great question. I already have the cat delete and intake installed—just waiting on my 440 ECU upgrade to ship out.

I decided against the 460 route because I really didn’t want to mess with it exhaust headers / etc. at this phase. I think the 440 tune offers some great improvements to the torque curve. If you look at the delta between the 460 and 440, it’s not all that great. If / when I go beyond this, I figure I’ll opt to have JUBU build out a new engine (530 or higher?).

In the interim, I’d rather save the money and work on making myself faster at the track. Think wheels, tires, brakes, and aero. My 2 cents.

Sensible decisions if you intend to go higher. I totally agree with the wheels, tyres, brakes and aero.
I’m in two minds over a power upgrade at the moment because next Summer I intend to take it to JUBU for a 600 upgrade or further but it would mean going DCT as the manual race box is extremely noisy and I still want something with drivability.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back