• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Many Faults

jve

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Within 621 miles from new my Emira has suffered two engine management lights on, with fault codes showing low fuel pressure. Its about to be recovered by the AA 250 miles back to Christopher Neil Oakmere Group in Northwich Cheshire, I am on holiday in Devon. It also has two seat belt failures, they won't pull out when the car is parked on even a slight gradient downwards / facing forwards, so if you park facing downwards you can't put your seat belts on so I have a paper clip to keep the belts out otherwise no way of putting them on. The screens are Very Dim and become invisible in bright daylight, the brightness control does nothing. The control's have a massive delay, trying to open the boot takes several attempts, as does trying to switch from touring to either Sport or Track mode, by the time the option appears the moment hss passed. The boot has a very strong smell of glue. The boot gets very hot, so things melt, no doubt due to engine / boot location, not really a problem as long as you are aware of it, melted food!! The car has only done 740 miles so far.

Would the chassis number still be sequential if it was an early car?

Sorry to hear this. I would not touch the Emira or Eletre with a 10 foot pole at the moment. I hope (but do not expect), they can turn this around soon. I thought Geely would have this sorted out.

Within 621 miles from new my Emira has suffered two engine management lights on, with fault codes showing low fuel pressure. Its about to be recovered by the AA 250 miles back to Christopher Neil Oakmere Group in Northwich Cheshire, I am on holiday in Devon. It also has two seat belt failures, they won't pull out when the car is parked on even a slight gradient downwards / facing forwards, so if you park facing downwards you can't put your seat belts on so I have a paper clip to keep the belts out otherwise no way of putting them on. The screens are Very Dim and become invisible in bright daylight, the brightness control does nothing. The control's have a massive delay, trying to open the boot takes several attempts, as does trying to switch from touring to either Sport or Track mode, by the time the option appears the moment hss passed. The boot has a very strong smell of glue. The boot gets very hot, so things melt, no doubt due to engine / boot location, not really a problem as long as you are aware of it, melted food!! The car has only done 740 miles so far.
Had the seatbelt issue too but seems to have fixed itself. The brightness controller has a sensor so it only works when its dark.. Guess it's used to reduce glare going through tunnels or if pitch black outside

My boot just seems to unlock a lot. Had a few issues now but nothing that would stop me loving the car.

I am due in to the service department for the seal belt recall and to get software updates which should - hopefully - clear all the niggles out.

I own an Elise, and it fairly typical of lotus to be as brittle as glass… at least the drive train is bullet proof! (Almost at least)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back