• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

📓 Journals McDonald's Emira Journal

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
Thanks for the updates. Question - what changed on the seats to now provide a great position vs before?
Whoever sat in it at the dealer was the change...

They just left it in a much better position,setting than I could manage.

Again,it's not the seats that the issue,it's just I had a hard time finding the right position for me,which I've never struggled with in previous cars,I even had the elise!

Again,it's not the seats that the issue,it's just I had a hard time finding the right position for me,which I've never struggled with in previous cars,I even had the elise!
This is an issue I’ve had with electric seats before. There’s too many damn options! I much prefer a manual seat because it’s easier to find your position again as there aren’t practically endless variation the seat can be!

This is an issue I’ve had with electric seats before. There’s too many damn options! I much prefer a manual seat because it’s easier to find your position again as there aren’t practically endless variation the seat can be!
So true, but at least there is a memory function. @Lots_Of_Trouble, make sure to save the setting that is comfortable for you!

As an aside, Porsche in their ultimate wisdom removed the seat memory buttons available in lower spec models to make way for the material door handle strap on 718 Spyders and GT4s. So those who optioned in 18 way seats on those models have no memory function. Now *that* would truly drive me crazy.

Hit that memory button on the door! Don't fiddle until you've stored it! 🤣

Courtesy car update:
I had a call last evening ,finally,in regards to a courtesy car for my car that broke on the 29th January, the same car that I picked up last Saturday after being fixed.... so 10 days late for the courtesy car.

It gets better,the courtesy car that was offered,in place of a Lotus:

FORD FOCUS!
I kid you not....

Courtesy car update:
I had a call last evening ,finally,in regards to a courtesy car for my car that broke on the 29th January, the same car that I picked up last Saturday after being fixed.... so 10 days late for the courtesy car.

It gets better,the courtesy car that was offered,in place of a Lotus:

FORD FOCUS!
I kid you not....
Surely an RS?

She certainly held her own next to some supercars at caffeine and machine today....
Visually at least

Attachments

• 20230212_121830.jpg
    20230212_121830.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20230212_121836.jpg
    20230212_121836.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 158
Such an unexpected thing,I've never had problems in any of my cars with seats,even the test drive in the emira wad fine and felt great.

There must be a perfect position, but odd it's taking me long to find it 🤣
I thought they were Ok when I sat in the one at JCTs but then driving it changed my mind again. Based on the test drive I thought they were rubbish. I really hope it was just getting the setting right. Initially the 18 ways in the Taycan were giving me some grief but now a year in they seem ok........
Fingers crossed there's an aftermarket option. If one comes then its pretty clear to me that they are indeed rubbish/lots of folk are having bother.

Couple of updates.
Drove the car for the first time in a week ,this evening.

Engine management light came on, on the journey home, then disappeared after getting home....

Will get in touch with customer services tomorrow.

On another note, I've refurbished her home,going for the JPS theme,few more bits to come.

Attachments

• 20230220_182200.jpg
    20230220_182200.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20230220_140701.jpg
    20230220_140701.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230220_182801.jpg
    20230220_182801.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230220_182816.jpg
    20230220_182816.jpg