• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Moisture in headlight

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone experienced this yet? (See pics) I just noticed it after putting some miles on today. Car was washed last week and it sat in the garage most of this week as the hurricane came through. I will send the pic to the service manager, but I can only imagine it will need to be replaced as it should be 100% sealed, correct?

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpeg
    IMG_4317.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 43
Fairly certain in the manual (maybe the service manual) it says that is not unusual and will clear up if parked in the sun for a while.

Thanks. I posted too quickly. I also found the other post about condensation in head light. Interesting, I just went out and checked and it’s gone. I can’t remember the last time I saw condensation in any other car I’ve owned other than a car that had to have a head lamp replaced. It was pretty old.

Vantage headlights do that too. In fact, when AM taillights started showing condensation, Aston's TSB was to remove, drill two holes in the casing (the underside) and apply gortex patches to let them breathe. Worked like a champ.